Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok so the other day my dad was saying he could hit a nickel edgewise from 100 yards with his 223. i didn't belive him so he did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok so the other day my dad was saying he could hit a nickel edgewise from 100 yards with his 223. i didn't belive him so he did

ok so the other day my dad was saying he could hit a nickel edgewise from 100 yards with his 223. i didn't belive him so he did it for me first shot to, he said its really not that hard and lots of people can do it can any of you?

he cut it dercitly in half it was sweet!

Comment

Anyone can do it young man, all you really need is a good set-up, and LOTS! of practice. You wait and see, you practice enough and one day you'll be showing your kids this "trick". Good luck And Good Hunting young man, and keep practicing. Oh, I forgot yes I can.

Comment

thanks i can hit coins from 70 with my 22. but i can't spilt them...yet

Comment

thanks i can hit coins from 70 with my 22. but i can't spilt them...yet

Comment

I havnt personally tried it, but I watched a guy do it with quarters one time...your dad is a good shot will

Comment

WOW! Never seen it done edgewise. Looks like we just got a new game to play at camp.

Comment

I'd probably hit the rock the coin was sitting on and lose 5 cents. Regardless I do have a neighbor that can cut a nickel plus shoot any hand tossed coin down to dimes out of the air with a rimfire or centerfire handgun or rifle. You can even call heads or tails and somehow he shoots the called side more than 50% of the time. The guy travels a lot in his work so I don't get to shoot with him very much. The next opportunity I have I intend to video this shooting event so you guys can see it. He makes Tom Knapp's shooting appear almost average. He is the greatest offhand shot I have ever had the priviledge of watching. I once witnessed him shoot a 5 gallon plastic bucket twice that we placed 700 yards away using a Marlin .45-70. He can burst eggs in the air with the same gun. I know this all sounds like lies and I would have felt the same way except I have seen him do it numerous times. Oddly enough he is not more than average as a game shot. Yeah your dad is definately a good shot.

Comment

I wish my eyes were that good. Sounds like you're a lucky guy to have a Dad that not only can shoot but takes the time to involve you and teach you what you need to know. Don't forget to tell him thanks!

Comment

With a powerful scope and a good barrel on your AR15, that's not an extremely difficult shot. I can do it.

Comment

I always have to prove to my friends when they don't believe me that I can hit quarters across a football field, but I'm not so sure if I could split a nickel edgewise on the fist shot. That's pretty impressive.

Comment

That may be fine from the bench, what can he do at 1000 YARDS!

Comment

Great shot! I couldn't do it at 5 yds.

Comment

Don't know if I can do it, but like Dr Mike said, can't hurt to try!

Comment

Come on Clay, let this kid idolize his Dad just a little while longer. We lose that too quickly. At least his Dad didn't act like it was a superior feat. He was honest. Everybody here knows you can pierce a running jack rabbit's ears at 1000 yards with one hand while tucking your red cape in your pants with the other.

Clay, I'm just giving you a hard time man! Please don't take me too seriously.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by 99explorer
                                CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                                Anybody
                                Today, 01:09 AM
                              • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by 99explorer
                                Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                                Today, 12:57 AM
                              • The George Floyd case.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                                Minnesota...
                                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by crm3006
                                My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                                Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X