Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was sighting in a new rifle, weatherby vanguard stainless sub-moa yesterday and it got me thinking. How long to you guys give

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• diverdude41
    replied
    Army snipers have to do a cold bore shot . this is difficult because after you heat up the barrel, your impact stays the same.but after it cools down ,your point of impact will also change.My recomendation is to shoot a 3 shot group, and wait for barrel temp to reach outside air temp 10 to 15 min. then try agian. hope this helps you..

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    I just have a regular blued barrel but since it is very thin -.550- at the muzzle I only shoot 3 shot groups, open the chamber and stand the gun upright so the heat can chimney out before I shoot another group.
    I think barrel diameter has more to do with heating problems than anything else but I have read there are slight differences.

Leave a comment:

• I was sighting in a new rifle, weatherby vanguard stainless sub-moa yesterday and it got me thinking. How long to you guys give

I was sighting in a new rifle, weatherby vanguard stainless sub-moa yesterday and it got me thinking. How long to you guys give the rifle barrel to cool down between shots, if you do this at all. I'm sure there are different heat absorption rates between stainless and regular steel; but do you think these differences have a real effect?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad