Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE HELP. Looking for a Thompson Center contender 16" .44mag barrell. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP. Looking for a Thompson Center contender 16" .44mag barrell. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find.

PLEASE HELP. Looking for a Thompson Center contender 16" .44mag barrell. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=416341&pdesc=Thompson_Center_Stainle ss_44_Mag_Contender_Pistol/14_Barrel

Comment

Just curious, why do you want such a long barrel in a revolver caliber?

Comment

my Dad has a super 14 .44mag on his contender, I think they're fairly common. He may be getting rid of it soon. Any interest?

Comment

LAKEMoNSTER85 I may be interested. Let me know for sure. 007. I am converting an old contender for a young man as a gift for deer hunting here in Indiana. His father was the one who started me into hunting and mentored me through my first years.

Comment

have you checked Gun Broker?

Comment

Why a 16" barrel? How does 300 extra FPS over a 5 or 6 inch revolver barrel sound? How much extra energy does 300 FPS give you?

Comment

That'll work, just curious. Atta' boy for your good intentions.

Comment

Shane. I am not going for knock down or FPS. Like I told 007 this is just for a young hunter to take his first deer with. He shot one with this setup on it and a rifle stock that fit him perfect. I have his father's old contender that I hope to give back to him after it is converted to fit him.

Comment

Well that should be great. When hunting big game with hand gun rounds, the more power the better.

Comment

Try Thompson Centers custom shop they'll make you one.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to "A little rebellion...."
                        by 99explorer
                        You can tell an honest man by the way he handles his incoming mail, when the last letter he opens is from the IRS.
                        Today, 06:21 PM
                      • "A little rebellion...."
                        by FirstBubba
                        ...now and then is a good thing!"

This ought set off Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Stupid! LOL!
                        --------‐‐-------------------------------...
                        08-13-2022, 12:45 PM
                      • Reply to "A little rebellion...."
                        by jhjimbo
                        Tim Scott of FL recommends not applying for IRS positions because when Conservatives are in power they will defund them....
                        Today, 04:40 PM
                      • Reply to Deer Destroying Forests?
                        by FirstBubba
                        Extend seasons, increase bag limits and let youngsters hunt while they still enjoy being with parents.
                        Today, 04:14 PM
                      • Deer Destroying Forests?
                        by MattM37
                        Would you be in favor of lifting restrictions on selling wild-game meat to help prevent deforestation, i.e. kill more deer? That issue and a few others...
                        Today, 02:44 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X