Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone here know where to buy cheap, new scopes? Leupold VX-3 3.5-10 X 40 to be exact. ALSO, on www.galleryofguns.com i found a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here know where to buy cheap, new scopes? Leupold VX-3 3.5-10 X 40 to be exact. ALSO, on www.galleryofguns.com i found a

anyone here know where to buy cheap, new scopes? Leupold VX-3 3.5-10 X 40 to be exact. ALSO, on www.galleryofguns.com i found a place here in Nebraska where they have a Ruger M77 Hawkeye Standard in .25-06 for about $430. that's obviously a GREAT deal. is there any catch to this great deal?

The Ruger M77 Hawkeye sounds like a bona fide great deal... a beautiful rifle with suggested retail around $800 so you can't go wrong... I haven't shot one so you need to see how it feels to you. The skinny is that it is a great Mauser action with claw extractor and good trigger. If the barrel is bent or rusted shut, you can put a match barrel of your choice on it and still be money ahead. (but I suspect that won't be a problem). I love the Mauser action... it has plenty of strength for reloading at the top end where the the 25-06 performs best! If you get this rifle / scope combination in 25-06 please stay east of Chadron or there won't be any deer, antelope, coyotes or prairie dogs left for me! You will find they will be pretty easy to hit with that rig. I have bought several great Leupold's off of Ebay. $600 scopes go for $300-$400 there. In case you are concerned about getting stung there, Leupolds are pretty worry free. If you get one that has something wrong, you can send it to Leupold for full warranty repair as they have a lifetime warranty... you just have to be patient in bidding. I would also suggest you to try the 75 through 90 grain bullets for varmints... the 75 grain is my most accurate bullet and it shoots FLAT at 3700 fps. Lots of fun for prairie dogs. The 87 grains are nice too for varmints and antelope. I've shot nothing larger than 100 grains so far, however I have a buddy who shoots nothing but Speer 120's and loves 'em. So many bullets; so little time! Good luck and let us know how it turns out...

Comment

Is there a picture of the gun on the site, if there is make sure that it is the same gun for sale and not a standard product picture. Call them and ask if that is the actuall gun for sale.

Comment

You need to jump on that like a fly on a pile of crap!!! Make sure it is a brand new gun in the box with the lock and scope rings (my M77 came with rings in the box). If it doesn't come with rings, you can go ahead and say it's $500 (which aint bad either). I would suggest taking a gun nut to look at it with you. Other than that, go for it!!!

Comment

I'd pull the trigger on that deal. You will of course have a shipping and insurance fee to deal with. You will also have to have an FFL dealer receive and transfer the rifle for you, this will also entail additional fees. Even with these add ons you should still be in good shape.

What the guys above said is correct. Verify it is a new in box (NIB) rifle and that the Ruger Rings are present.

Comment

The best deals I've gotten on scopes are from Natchez or SWWF.

Comment

agreed with DakotaMan answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad