Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best all around big game caliber for the united states?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.300 savage is a good one as well.

Comment

+1 res hahaha!!

Comment

Theres a reason why the springfield 1903 and the M1 garand were 30-06.

Comment

Not my favorite caliber but if I wanted to hunt everything in north america without hesitation and have one rifle to do it, I'd get a .338 Win Mag. It would be plenty for everything, including the big bears.

Comment

30-06 is proably you most versatile gun to purchase you can buy 50 grain to 220 grain bullets for a 30-06 and you can kill anything in america with it.

Comment

Carbon fiber/titanium .50 BMG it will get the job done. Good luck with the recoil and ammo.

Comment

I favor the 300 WSM, but the 30-06 or 270 Win will probably win this poll.

Comment

22 long rifle, drops anything from bacteria to clowns, get the 467.2 grain bullets for the best accuracy. Aim for the left butt cheek and it will expire quickly and effectively. It's a cheap round and is available at McDonald's

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• What An Education
                    by jhjimbo
                    Anybody that watched Tucker Carlson tonight got a real education, on several fronts. What do you think?
                    Today, 08:58 PM
                  • Just Right
                    by jhjimbo
                    Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years in...
                    Today, 08:56 PM
                  • Reply to Just Right
                    by 99explorer
                    Do you have a link for that?
                    I never heard of a cartridge developed for concealed carry.
                    Today, 08:52 PM
                  • Just Right
                    by jhjimbo
                    Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years...
                    Today, 04:59 PM
                  • Reply to Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                    by labrador12
                    Brandon is the most corrupt President in history. Brandon's crackhead son has been the bagman for his 10%. The Crackhead son who failed to pay millions...
                    Today, 08:25 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X