Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have taken deer with a 243 Winchester? How many deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love that 243W ! Killed a ton of deer with it,and 1/2 ton with my 7mm/08... it shoots a heaver bullit.
    I have 3..one M/70...M/100..Rem M/700.

Comment

none. i have better options.

Comment

I like the .243 for hunting and have taken a few deer with it. My wife also uses a 243 for Elk and has shot three elk.

Comment

A .243 is my deer rifle and have taken some with it.

Comment

Killed my first buck with grandpa's .243..think I took 2 after that, then it became my younger brother's rifle..he took a slew of deer with it..awesome

Comment

Took me 9 shots over the length of a season(my first) but i got a doe on second to last day. Great great grandmas gun. Lever action.

Comment

My first centerfire rifle was a 6mm Rem. and it accounted for ALOT of deer in Alabama. 95 gr Nosler Partition worked best for me and I forget how much H4831.
                I only recall 1 deer that was ever lost that was shot with this rifle. The only drawback to the .243/6mm was many times the blood trail was next to nonexistent, to rectify that, I simply started shooting them high in the shoulder and they dropped right there.
                Like treestand, my 'go to' rifle these days is a 7mm/08.

Comment

Two, both went down within sight.

Comment

Don't own one, but i've seen a few deer drop in their tracks shot with one. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one for my youngsters to hunt deer with.

Comment

when i was 12 i shot my first deer with one. dropped her in her tracks at 200 yards. the very next day i shot a spike at bout 25 yards and dropped him in his tracks to. both shots straight to the heart.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Fbi..........
                        by Milldawg
                        I believe that the government has gotten to big and to powerful. I’m not calling for armed resistance or insanity. What it is time for is the people...
                        Today, 08:23 AM
                      • Fbi..........
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        ......there have been some 30 present and former FBI agents who have come forth in support of whistleblowers who have divulged critical information concerning...
                        09-29-2022, 08:45 AM
                      • Reply to Fbi..........
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        And I am sure that this is with the knowledge of the progressive D’s. So the question is, why are they doing this ? Are there covertly issues of such...
                        Today, 01:41 AM
                      • Reply to TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                        by PigHunter
                        Thanks! It's a large outdoor amphitheater and wasn't sold out. We were surrounded bya Social Security crowd with few under 50.

Jeff Beck...
                        Yesterday, 09:59 PM
                      • TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                        by fitch270
                        Good tunes to cure what ever ails ‘ya this week.

Robert Palmer wanting a house call.

09-27-2022, 09:54 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X