Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm thinking about buying a new deer hunting rifle. I've narrowed it down to a Remington .30-06 and a Winchester .270. which sho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking about buying a new deer hunting rifle. I've narrowed it down to a Remington .30-06 and a Winchester .270. which sho

I'm thinking about buying a new deer hunting rifle. I've narrowed it down to a Remington .30-06 and a Winchester .270. which should I choose

I'd go with the Remington unless your talking about the new Winchester M70, that'a gonna cost lots more though. Dave was supposed to get one to test and report on it but I don't think he has.

Comment

I guess I'll have to go with the Remington '06.

Comment

I'd go with a Remington 700 the Winchester MDL 70s were to hit or miss of late (pun intended) and quality was questionable. Who knows about the new ones?

Comment

the new M70 is supposed to be built in Belgiem by FN,the featherweight should run about 750$ but if you cant wait the I would get a Rem CDL in 270WSM

Comment

Remington is better than winchester, and .30-06 is better than .270 (Yes I said it.) So the Remington is win-win.

Comment

The new Winchesters are being built in South Carolina, and they are much more expensive than a M700Rem with unknown attributes.

Comment

30-06 it just a better gun

Comment

either one should serve you well

Comment

neither go with a Ruger M77 270

Comment

Remington Model 700 is the best production rifle made. You don't see many, if any, custom rifle companies using M77 actions.

Comment

Remington is the way to go, they can't be beat.

Comment

I have a rem 30.06 that hasn't let me down yet...the '06 will also give you more flexibility if you decide to go after larger game...

Comment

I will just add that these smart people are correct...

It is hard to be wrong choosing a Remington in .30-06.

If you are thinking about fittings, mounts, stocks or accessories, they both have an enormous following, though.

Which one feels the best to you? Go shoulder them both.

Comment

I would pick the .270

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad