Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is an accutrigger? you guys always talk about it and i never know what yall are talking about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is an accutrigger? you guys always talk about it and i never know what yall are talking about

what is an accutrigger? you guys always talk about it and i never know what yall are talking about

correct me if im wrong, but i believe it is an adjustable trigger system made by savage, and comes standard in many of their rifles.
    check their website though.

Comment

Nolan is basically correct. You can easily adjust them to your own needs. Personally I think if your tuning a rifle to hunt with, don't go to light. That's for bench rest shooting.

Comment

I have one on my Savage .270 WSM and it's a nice little option. I've had some triggers that required a little extra force and being able to make the pull a little lighter gives you a smoother shot.

Comment

thanks guys!!!

Comment

If the gun is not marked you can recognize the Accutrigger by its appearance. It looks somewhat like the Glock by having a small trigger within the big trigger. Looks like they are also on the new Marlin bolt action rifles. Nice trigger.

Comment

Just as Ish said, the Accutrigger is a spin off of the Glock "safety trigger" that has been around since the mid 80s. The Accutrigger is user adjustable from 1.5 up to about 3.5 or 4 pound (I think) The Accutrigger is a great advance in rifle triggers which will probably get sued into non existence pretty soon. I can see it now second hand Savage shoots beginener shooter. Previous owner adjusted to "unsafe" pull.

Comment

are they the ones that have a little thing that you need to pull before you pull the actual trigger

Comment

yes they are. they have a little button you press and it leads to the actual trigger. savage makes them.

Comment

The trigger within the trigger is a safety mechanism to safely allow lighter, crisper pulls.

Comment

The Accutrigger is probably one of the best advancements in the modern hunting rifle industry. I have a Savage 12 in .22-250 and its a joy to shoot. Mine is set at 2 lbs. and breaks extremely clean; I know it has improved my accuracy.

Comment

Agreed with NolanOsborne answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad