Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone own the weatherby vanguard sub-moa or have had experience with them? If so what are your thoughts on it? Ive read so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone own the weatherby vanguard sub-moa or have had experience with them? If so what are your thoughts on it? Ive read so

Does anyone own the weatherby vanguard sub-moa or have had experience with them? If so what are your thoughts on it? Ive read some sub-moa's after 200 yrds cant group worth crap? Looking to buy one in 300. but before dropping the money would like some input.

That logic doesn't make sense to me. I've heard of rifles grouping poorly at 100 then stabilizing and printing great and longer yardage.

Comment

I read it in a article of another mag called accuracy secrets. The article was wrote by Dick Metcalf. Wasnt f&s maybe thats the problem. haha. But this worried me. I want a 300 because I can take it just about anywhere, and it has that knock down power at farther distances. I want a accurate rifle if im shooting that far ofcourse too. But if range is limited to a hundred or two hundred yards I might as well stick to a 30-06!

Comment

I have a 257 vangard and I've never got it to shoot as good as the factory target. That said it don't do too bad and I think I can take credit for some of the error. If the gun shoots good at 100 it should be within 1-1.5 MOA at 200 and out.

Comment

I bought a Vangard SMOA .300 WSM 2years ago. Equip with Leupold III 3.5x10. I do not have confidence with its print. Different ammo prints quite different. Federal is the tightest. Normally the first round is wild by inches. However, after the 3rd round, the pattern tightens. So shoot it before the hunt and do not clean until after the hunt. I'm not satisfied with it.

Comment

Tikka

Comment

$$$

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad