Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you guys ever examined a Nosler rifle? I looked at one yesterday. Fit and finish was excellent, very light weight, matt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guys ever examined a Nosler rifle? I looked at one yesterday. Fit and finish was excellent, very light weight, matt

Any of you guys ever examined a Nosler rifle? I looked at one yesterday. Fit and finish was excellent, very light weight, matte colored metal, decent wood, smoothest bolt I have encountered in a long time, and a perfect trigger. This one was a .270 WSM priced at $2450.00. If it shoots as good as it looks...

Looked at a couple my self they say they it will shoot 1/2 in. or better at 100 yards, but still a little rich for my blood. Are you going to get one,cant go wrong with the caliber,if you do let us know how it shoots.

Comment

ish,
      I've been wondering about them. I've never had the chance to feel or shoot one. I've always thought for a semi-custom I'd choose an Ed Brown rifle since his shop is only an hour away but, his prices are about a grand more. I'm wondering how much more hand fitting is in it for the price?

Comment

I have a couple other gun projects going right now but would consider the Nosler or a Kimber if I wanted to purchase a gun off the shelf. Both are impressive but yes the Nosler is expensive. Given that I can get a considerable improvement in performance from the .270 WSM (Weatherby like velocity without the expense) over my old .270 Win in a shorter package it definately is a nice cartridge choice. Jim in MO I have lusted for one of Ed's 1911s for years. I get his catalog every now and then about the time the old one is worn out from looking and drooling. His rifles appear to be equally as good but I have never actually examined one.

Comment

It shoots better than it looks.

Comment

Ish, I meant Eds prices are a grand more and I'm not sure why.

Comment

My Brother have one and he says it shoots great!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad