Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some people say shooting a .22 is cheap. idk if i agree. sure the ammo is cheap, but i can go through 250 rounds in a day shooti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some people say shooting a .22 is cheap. idk if i agree. sure the ammo is cheap, but i can go through 250 rounds in a day shooti

some people say shooting a .22 is cheap. idk if i agree. sure the ammo is cheap, but i can go through 250 rounds in a day shooting targets. do you guys know any good places to buy cheap .22 LONG ammo in bulk? not LR, my Marlin Model 60 won't eject a LR cartridge for some reason.

and it would help if they were soft nose, used for shooting a metal target.

Comment

Check your extractor, sounds like it’s carboned up and if not; send it back to the factory. Something is wrong and very easily cause an accidental cartridge detonation due to being rim fire!

Comment

Try georgia-arms.com, these folks carry a lot of bulk ammo for a good price.

Comment

try not buying in bulk. I have had a lot of problems with all the brands of 550 packs in .22 lr. If I buy a brick or just a 50 round box I don't have any problems. The moral of the story is you get what you pay for and cheap ammo sucks.

Comment

I agree with Clay. Give the gun a good cleaning sounds like a dirty chamber or carbon gunked extractor.

Comment

the only ammo i ever buy for my savage .22 is the remington 550 packs from walmart usually pretty cheap and i have never had a problem with any of their ammo

Comment

Reid,
                Don't you read anything I post of the Marlin M60? They are great guns but, they must be cleaned right from the factory. No matter the age of yours break it down according to the factory manual. You don't have to go as far as taking the trigger out. If you don't have a manual, google Ruger takedown. The problem people encounter is they don't read instructions. These 22's ARE GREASED PRETTY HEAVY FROM THE FACTORY. You have to get rid of that. Sure longs are ejecting cause the bolt doesn't have to go back as far as it does for the LR. Take the barreled action out of the stock and clean as told. I'm sorry to sound like an ass but please don't put down an affordable and good rifle until you give it a fair chance.

Comment

ah jim i actually had a gunsmith clean it for us once. we bought the gun used, and i think that was the problem. the gunsmith actually took the whole gun apart and cleaned it, i think we've encountered a new problem that isn't the factory grease.

Comment

Reid,
                    Is it headspacing?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad