Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday I saw an interesting rifle which was unique due to chambering. It was a restored, restocked, rebarreled 1895 Winchest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ishawooa
    replied
    There was no writing on the gun at all except for the caliber designation. Better than decent wood, no checkering, blued receiver, gray matt stainless steel barrel which gave sort of an unusual impression. I asked the gun shop owner who built the rifle and he would only offer that it was made by a local well known gunsmith. This meant to me it was his competition across town. I wonder about function and accuracy since someone obviously got rid of it without much shooting and likely no hauling on a horse. It looked new. Still an interesting combination.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    Did it have the initials J.C. on it anywhere? (Jim Carmichael)

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    I've never seen a custom '95, but I would be pretty happy with this one.

Leave a comment:

• Yesterday I saw an interesting rifle which was unique due to chambering. It was a restored, restocked, rebarreled 1895 Winchest

Yesterday I saw an interesting rifle which was unique due to chambering. It was a restored, restocked, rebarreled 1895 Winchester in beautiful condition. The caliber chosen for this piece was .280 Remington. Anyone else ever seen a customized '95 particularily in this favorite cartridge?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Voter Fraud
    by rock rat
    CRM I don't want to upset you but Trump lost, he really did, electoral college, more than just a couple hundred votes. Lost by big enough margins that...
    Today, 03:57 PM
  • Voter Fraud
    by bowhunter75richard
    For those who claim voter fraud is not happening......Google The Heritage Foundation/election fraud cases ! All states are listed.......it just might...
    11-06-2020, 08:01 PM
  • Reply to Voter Fraud
    by jhjimbo
    Snoop is full of sheet. Who checks them ?? Some snot nose bed wetter is making a call, yea right....
    Today, 03:51 PM
  • Reply to When does a virus "go away"?
    by crm3006
    Chinese communist virus will never actually go away, but if joe bite-me's handlers actually manage to seat their senile pedophile puppet in the Oval...
    Today, 03:49 PM
  • When does a virus "go away"?
    by FirstBubba
    When it runs out of "hosts"!
    Masks, social distancing and lockdowns only exacerbate the problem. The longer "herd immunity"...
    11-18-2020, 11:10 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X