Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday I saw an interesting rifle which was unique due to chambering. It was a restored, restocked, rebarreled 1895 Winchest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I saw an interesting rifle which was unique due to chambering. It was a restored, restocked, rebarreled 1895 Winchest

Yesterday I saw an interesting rifle which was unique due to chambering. It was a restored, restocked, rebarreled 1895 Winchester in beautiful condition. The caliber chosen for this piece was .280 Remington. Anyone else ever seen a customized '95 particularily in this favorite cartridge?

I've never seen a custom '95, but I would be pretty happy with this one.

Comment

Did it have the initials J.C. on it anywhere? (Jim Carmichael)

Comment

There was no writing on the gun at all except for the caliber designation. Better than decent wood, no checkering, blued receiver, gray matt stainless steel barrel which gave sort of an unusual impression. I asked the gun shop owner who built the rifle and he would only offer that it was made by a local well known gunsmith. This meant to me it was his competition across town. I wonder about function and accuracy since someone obviously got rid of it without much shooting and likely no hauling on a horse. It looked new. Still an interesting combination.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad