Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys, I need a little help. I have an opportunity to get a Savage .30-06 for a great deal this weekend. It is brand new, nev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I need a little help. I have an opportunity to get a Savage .30-06 for a great deal this weekend. It is brand new, nev

Hey guys, I need a little help. I have an opportunity to get a Savage .30-06 for a great deal this weekend. It is brand new, never been fired. It was made in 2008 Model number 116FXP3. Ok, so I want ALL you have to say about this gun. Good, bad, and anything in between, especially if you own one.

It also has accu-trigger.

Comment

i was just about to ask if it had accutrigger. any savage gun that has an accutrigger is worth looking into. the trigger is amazing. it's the most comfortable, most perfect trigger ever made. savage is a great brand. 30-06 is a versatile caliber. i say go for it. it may be a good idea to shoot it a couple times to make sure you're getting what you want before you buy it.

Comment

I say go for it. Savage is a good dependable gun that should last you a very long time. Plus it's awful hard to pass up a great deal.

Comment

I own a savage 110 in .30/06. It's a great though somewhat homely gun. The 116 is the weather warrior, stainless/synthetic version i believe. The accutrigger is said to be one of the greatest advancemants to production rifles of our time. If it has the new accustock, even better. I'm not sure what you're "great deal" is on this rifle, but if it's in the $500 range, buy it for sure.

Comment

I’m not that big on Savages, however they have made a lot of changes the last couple of years that is really getting my attention.

I would say, go for it!

Comment

BUY IT. That's one of their combo packages, a stainless/synthetic rifle with a scope. If it's a 2008, it has the Accu-trigger. It should be very accurate. It has a 22 inch barrel and is a pretty light gun. The magazine is an internal box and holds 4. The scope is on the rifle and bore sighted, but I'm not sure what make of scope it is.

Comment

Good guns for the money. If it is a good buy, and you like the look and feel, you won't go wrong.

Comment

I like them- savages usually have pretty good out of the box accuracy. I'd buy.

Comment

Good rifle. The 116 line are very nice stainless guns, probably the best for the money out there. You will like the accutrigger. Very good accuracy. Buy the gun!

Comment

go for it. my cousin has one and uses it all the time. he uses it for deer and i constently talking bout how great it is. when we go walking through the woods, not looking for anything, he carrys it for any just in case times. i think you should go for it. definatly cuz the accu trigger. it will be a great investment.

Comment

What's the price difference? If the deal is the same as the shop price go with the shop. Your freind must have a reason to get rid of it. And it's not good.

Comment

I have to differ with the notion that this can compete with Brownings or Remingtons for accuracy, much less the inexpensive sub-moa rifles flooding the market. This, based upon my own experience.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad