Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many grams of powder should i use to reload a 3 1/2 inch Winchester Supreme 12 ga #4 shot turkey load.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many grams of powder should i use to reload a 3 1/2 inch Winchester Supreme 12 ga #4 shot turkey load.

how many grams of powder should i use to reload a 3 1/2 inch Winchester Supreme 12 ga #4 shot turkey load.

Depends on powder, shot weight, primer, and wad. Figure that you already know not to experiment with shotshell load data.

If you can't find it in a manual (Lyman?) then I suggest going to the powder sites and see what they recommend. Hodgdon has recommendations in their reloading center:

http://data.hodgdon.com/shotshell_load.asp

I'd also check with Hodgdon and Winchester to make sure you are using the right hull.

Comment

Figure you also mean grains rather than grams of powder.

1 gram = 15.4323 grains.

Comment

What does your reloading manual say!!!!!

Comment

Just like MLH said Hodgdon is a great site. Also ammoguide.com is a reader sponsored site that you can get some ideas from but I wouldn't trust them as much as the Hodgdon data. I always want to leave out one of the Ds in that name, I think they should change it.

Comment

Clay is right, Always go by your reloading manual, anything else could be dangerous or even deadly. This is not the place to find reloading info, we could tell you anything and you would never know if it were safe, get your info from a published manual.

Comment

Check the hodgedon site as MLH suggested. Also read your reloading manual!

Comment

Agreed with MLH answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad