Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do ammo presses work on all reloads depending on the dies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Del in KS answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    As the guys have said most equipment will interchange. I have an old RCBS Rockchucker that will handle anything except anti-aircraft rounds!

Leave a comment:

• CPT BRAD
    replied
    I have an RCBS turret press which speeds up the old rock chucker considerably. I also have a Lee and its a piece of junk, you will have to get another press for the 50 BMG but RCBS has you covered on that one too. I've got that one but haven't set it up yet because it cost a butt load to reload the 50.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    The above is true but I would like to add that if you are into volume shooting you might consider a Dillon or one of RCBS's high end presses. They do cost a lot more as do the various attachments to switch from one cartridge to another which is worth it to some people. Like Clay I am very content with the Rock Chucker mainly because I closely examine each round that I create by feel and by visual inspection. I can carefully observe each step of the various procedures required to turn out quality reloads. I utilize this press for everything from .17 Rem to .470 NE. I have worn out one of them over the years and am in the process of doing the same to my second one. I do recommend the compound leverage model of whatever brand you select, costs a few bucks more but you will never regret spending it. I bet a good press would last the average shooter a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    jer4570, most presses will do, but I think as Del said, I do believe you may need a tad bigger press for the 50bmg.

Leave a comment:

• Del in KS
    replied
    Most presses will handle just about anything. However, I've heard that you need an extra large press for the Browning 50 cal ammo.

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied

There is different presses and what they can do. I prefer the RCBS Rock Chucker simply because I shoot both competition and hunting and it covers all my handgun and rifles. Also I make my own brass for 338 Win Mag and 25-06 and the heavy duty of it really makes it a pleasure to use.

Leave a comment:

• do ammo presses work on all reloads depending on the dies?

do ammo presses work on all reloads depending on the dies?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad