10/22 Ruger.

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    $$$

Leave a comment:

• PotterMan96
    replied
    In my opinion it would either be the Henry made .22 or the browning made .22 they are both excellent guns and they are a lot of fun to shoot!!!

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    Anschutz makes a top quality .22

Leave a comment:

• 870 wingmaster 101
    replied
    A Winchester model 69 with iron sights is great. It is simple, looks great, and is relible. They last made about 45-60 years ago. A nice one tat is mint runs for about $500-600.

Leave a comment:

• hjohn429
    replied
    Henry Golden Boy is second only to the Ruger 10/22.

Leave a comment:

• jer4570
    replied
    marlin semi auto.30 years old and still smooth

Leave a comment:

• shane
    replied
    Narrow this question down, then I can answer. Way too much variety.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Del is correct the old Kimber's we really sweet .22's. On the more affordable side the Ruger 77/22 is a good one as is the CZ452 and 453.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    It is very difficult to separate "nicest" from "favorite" .22 RF rifles. My favorites include Marlin M-39, Winchester M-61 & M-62, Ren M-572 & Nylon 66, of course the vernerable 10/22 & 77/22, and the little Browning take down semi-auto (plus Remington equivalents) and Browning trombone. Anschultz has turned out some real winners as has Sako and Walther. I suppose overall I consider the older Oregon Kimber bolt actions to be the "nicest". An old friend has it in his will that his old Kimber is to be buryed with him. Maybe Dave should take it upon himself to select the top fifty .22 RF rifles and handguns as another list to be presented on this blog. Everyone loves a .22 RF...if you can locate any ammo for them. What a strange ending to a paragraph and one that would not have been predicted as little as 6-12 months ago.

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    My Remington Nylon 66 .22LR

Leave a comment:

• BuckTheSystem
    replied
    I like my Remington Viper, but having to do over I would NOT choose this one. It functions as good as I would expect, but the stupid Clinton ban era gun only has a 10 rnd mag. And with a .22, that sucks for target shooting/plinking.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    I am partial to the old guns so like the Winchester M-52. The one that was the most fun, however, was a Remington M-572 pump.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad