Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbird
    replied
    Love em' both. It's like picking a favorite kid.

Leave a comment:

• 870 wingmaster 101
    replied
    I think the 270 is better because it drops less, a little less reciol, and power is just about even.

Leave a comment:

• rocky d bashaw
    replied
    30-06 is better because it is so versatile, 95gr to over 200gr bullets,small animals to very large.

Leave a comment:

• rezavoirdog
    replied
    Wow, somebody doesn't like the humor floating around. Let's beat this old mare again, I don't care, get a gun and whup her! I don't care if its the butt of a .270 or 30-06!

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    It is amazing how often the old dead nag rises just for a few points...

Leave a comment:

• Walt Smith
    replied
    What? Are you living in some kind of freaking dream land?

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    Personal preference I guess.

Leave a comment:

• idahooutdoors
    replied
    A question that has no answer, like asking if Israel and Iran will ever get along.

Leave a comment:

• rezavoirdog
    replied
    Uhh, hmmm, THE DEAD HORSE RIDES AGAIN! Didn't we already beat the heck out of this horse?

Leave a comment:

• timothyfaw
    replied
    30-6 rifle is the best rifle to shoot on a animal if you hit them in the right spot they are going down but 270 is also pretty good

Leave a comment:

• buddyboy564
    replied
    i would say if your thinking of buying one of them go with the '06 there are alot more options and it can shoot anything from deer up to moose or bear

Leave a comment:

• vork23
    replied
    the .270 shoots a little flatter and is a little quicker. iv shot black bears and whiteails with it and seen them both drop in their tracks dead. the furthest bear ran 20 feet.

Leave a comment:

• prairieghost
    replied
    there will not be much difference in a .270 rifle and a 30.06 rifle (except a little recoil) in terms of knocking down a deer. but for black bears and elk, i like others here, prefer the versatility that a .06 provides.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    I forget to add "in my humble opinion"

Leave a comment:

• rabbitpolice88
    replied
    The .270 and the 30-06 are both excellent rifles. It ultimately is what rifle caliber fits you best. I personally prefer a .270, It has a little less recoil than a 30-06 which gives me more shooter confidence. I am a much better shot with a .270 than a 30-06. They are both so close together in performance that there is not that much discernable difference. They both kill deer or elk just fine.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad