• Show
Clear All

• is the 270 a better rifle than the 30-06

is the 270 a better rifle than the 30-06

NO WAY 30-06 IS MUCH MORE VERSITILE AND EFFECTIVE

Comment

yes the 270 is a biger rifle.

Comment

The 30-06 is a bigger caliber than the .270 win and offers many more options than the .270. with the 06 you can shoot bullets from 100 up to 250 grains, which is much more variety than .270. But, if you're just deer huntin, and the goal is DEAD, either will certainly do the trick. If you're are going to hunt bigger game like elk, go with the 30-06.

Comment

Oh glen, how could such a thought ever enter your head?

Comment

The .270 is a cartridge, not a rifle,...and the .30/06 is a better cartridge than the .270, though they are both very effective and versataille.

Comment

The .270 and the 30-06 are both excellent rifles. It ultimately is what rifle caliber fits you best. I personally prefer a .270, It has a little less recoil than a 30-06 which gives me more shooter confidence. I am a much better shot with a .270 than a 30-06. They are both so close together in performance that there is not that much discernable difference. They both kill deer or elk just fine.

Comment

I forget to add "in my humble opinion"

Comment

there will not be much difference in a .270 rifle and a 30.06 rifle (except a little recoil) in terms of knocking down a deer. but for black bears and elk, i like others here, prefer the versatility that a .06 provides.

Comment

the .270 shoots a little flatter and is a little quicker. iv shot black bears and whiteails with it and seen them both drop in their tracks dead. the furthest bear ran 20 feet.

Comment

i would say if your thinking of buying one of them go with the '06 there are alot more options and it can shoot anything from deer up to moose or bear

Comment

30-6 rifle is the best rifle to shoot on a animal if you hit them in the right spot they are going down but 270 is also pretty good

Comment

Uhh, hmmm, THE DEAD HORSE RIDES AGAIN! Didn't we already beat the heck out of this horse?

Comment

A question that has no answer, like asking if Israel and Iran will ever get along.

Comment

Personal preference I guess.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad