Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I happened to turn the tv on cnbc the other night and started watching a special on the recall of the Remington model 600 and 70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I happened to turn the tv on cnbc the other night and started watching a special on the recall of the Remington model 600 and 70

I happened to turn the tv on cnbc the other night and started watching a special on the recall of the Remington model 600 and 700 guns due to the gun firing without touching the trigger. It was a really interesting piece even though it didn't show Remington in the greatest light...and sadly i didn't get to watch the conclusion. So i was wondering if anyone knows if they are actually recalling both these models? And also what will happen to Remington if they have to recall 3 million guns?

mountaindew732,
    It was a hatchet job done by the liberal media. I don't blame Remington for staying away from it, they (cnbc or was it msnbc) would have edited everything in the worse light.

Comment

Dave Petzal did a good review on it... http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/hunting/2010/10/petzal-different-look-remington-model-700-trigger

Comment

If it Ant on FOX it bouges news!

Comment

it's been shown by several sources that it is bogus.

Comment

just a liberal ploy to try and get guns taken away

Comment

That "Documentary" played twice in my area and as my dad used to say "sometimes more is said by what is not said". To start with any untimely death is tragic and heart rendering. That being said in the real world of product liability 5 mishaps out of millions is incredibly minuet. Couple this with a product that should be maintained and only adjusted by a trained professional and the truth is starting to come out. Then there is the obvious truth that firearms ARE dangerous and should be treat as such. I think ANYONE who reads this Blog will remember the very first and second thing they learned 1. treat every firearm as if it was loaded and 2. don't' point it anything you don't want to destroy. On a lighter note I taught my boys the above with my fathers last words to me "No son that guns loaded". Macabre but it stayed with them.

Comment

And the moral of this story is to not rely on the alphabet channels broadcast of tainted "news" from the Ministry of Propaganda.

Comment

First mistake was watching CNBC, even by accident.

Comment

Amen Carl,,,, no such thing as an empty reciever in any gun. I believe though they are saying they discharge without a trigger pull,being loaded or empty as long as it was cycled. Some idiot probably was fooling around and dischrged his rifle in city limits and is trying to get out of charges by making the statement it discharged by itself. Kind of like the guy the was accidently shot 15 times at the gun range in Iraq

Comment

I hear what your saying. The way I remember the show was one person was shot through the wall inside a house. The other was a child that was shot through a horse trailer so much for muzzle control

Comment

thanks for the link...i agree to all that has been said. And to Carl - rule number one has also always been rule number one at our house. I wish more people would remember to treat a gun as if it were loaded at all times

Comment

I have only one more thing to add to this post. It has to do with guys that say it is a mistake to watch one program or another. To this I can only quote an old Chinese gentleman Sun Tzu "know your enemy as you know yourself"

Comment

Actually CH, I completely agree. Know your enemy as you know yourself is wise and has served many people, including myself, well for a long time. But propaganda is propaganda. There is no guarantee of trustworthiness or accuracy in a report based on flawed and slanted research, for any purpose - including analyzing your opponent. Seems to me that any light shed on the opponent by viewing a program filled with inaccuracies must, by definition, be inaccurate. Anyone going out of their way to purposefully make their opponent look bad by holding a lie out as the truth will, in all likelihood, go out of their way to make themselves look good in the same manner. That is why I personally tend to distrust any conclusions that are reached by watching television and go do my own homework. That, plus it keeps my blood pressure in check to just completely avoid that network.

Comment

Think we said the same thing two different ways. To clarify you don't and I wouldn't believe everything I see or read today. I believe we said if you don't see it you can't intellectually refute it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad