Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have or have used the Leupold VX-I 2-7x28mm Rimfire scope? I'm looking for a scope for target shooting (.22), and it see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have or have used the Leupold VX-I 2-7x28mm Rimfire scope? I'm looking for a scope for target shooting (.22), and it see

Anyone have or have used the Leupold VX-I 2-7x28mm Rimfire scope? I'm looking for a scope for target shooting (.22), and it seems to be a good option.

If you are plinking targets that scope is fine. But if you are planning on Target shooting look into a fixed power scope with rings and mount. 4x40 leupold or a T6 weaver or something in that class would be a better choice

Comment

Why? What's the advantage with a fixed 4 vs a variable? Not that I don't trust it I just don't understand.

Comment

Got that scope on my Kimber Hunter, and it will shoot one ragged hole at 50 yds. (5 shot group) Don't see what you would gain by going to a fixed power scope.

Comment

Fixed power scope does not change point of impact,focus or paralax. Where as a variable power scope does. Same firearm,same distance the fixed power scope will be more accurate. Now if you are not interested in "Target" shooting and just want to shoot targets or hunt then by all means a variable scope will be fine. 1 ragged hole at 50 yards is acceptable for a hunting rifle for 5 shots. But for a target .22 we are talking pinheads at 50 yards with a T6 groups of 10 shot groups inside .150" total center to center widest spread and 25 shot groups @ 100 yards of just .750" from a sporter rifle not a heavy barreled target rifle either.Thats only 3/4" groups @ 100yrds with a FIXED POWER not Variable

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad