Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone made a shooting bench and rest and if so how did you do it. Did you have a pattern that you can share.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone made a shooting bench and rest and if so how did you do it. Did you have a pattern that you can share.

Has anyone made a shooting bench and rest and if so how did you do it. Did you have a pattern that you can share.

Not a bench but we made a nice rest. If I can find the blueprints I might send you a copy for a price.

Comment

Don't worry about the bench, any secure table will do. Get some good rests front and rear for your rifle. You want a secure hold to sight in your loads. After that just shoot with or without rests.

Comment

my dad and I went out our scrap iron pile, picked out a metal table that was thrown in there a while back. It works great.

Comment

A friend made one that basically looks like 1/4 of a standard size picnic table. He's fine with it but I like a separate seat, with a corner of the bench cutout so that about a foot of the surface is in front of me and a couple of feet beside me when I sit.

Rather than get a fixed dimension design you might want to check out a couple of rifle ranges. Find something you like then measure it. Mix and match but make it sturdy. It'll be customized to your tastes.

Comment

Check this out for a right hander ...

http://www.aeroaces.com/bench2.htm

Comment

Agreed with Jim in Mo answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad