Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone buy or shoot a CVA Apex yet? Easily interchangeable Centerfire rifle to Muzzleloader. It's billed as a cheaper yet superi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Sheterom
    replied
    Originally posted by krscpa View Post
    I just bought a CVA Apex and love it! Feels so much more like a rifle rather than a boat paddle. 3 shots from 200 yds touching...300 win mag...plan on taking to New Mexico for an elk Hunt in October...can't wait.

Oh..on Randy Wakeman...did some research on him as well...Randy is a magician by trade and relies on illusions...he is sponsored by Savage and is a "Blogger". He also has connections with the law firm that has made a living suing CVA....There were some CVA's that were recalled back in the early 90's. The CVA's that are being built now are awesome.
    what ammo you shooting from you 300 win mag?

Leave a comment:

• J.D. Butler
    replied
    I've had my apex 243 and 270 for 2 years now and also own an encore in 270. Both are excellent rifles. I had to do some work on the encore with Bellm's help its shoots sub moa at 200 yards. Out of the box the apex was picky on ammo but would shoot sub moa @ 100 yards. I have the apex now out shooting the T/C with a ragged hole @ 200 yards with putting in a $12 oversized hinge pin from Bellm. It is a less expensive solution, however there is custom stuff for the T/C and only the hinge pin for the Apex.
    With that said, if you wanna customize your rifle go with T/C. If not save the cash for a sweet hunt and get a Apex.

Leave a comment:

• jjames24121
    replied
    I have own a cva 300 win mag apex for about a yr shoots great, accurate I have only shot it 200 yds and its dead on I use a pro Nikon scope on it Id say its better than a thompson try it you'll love it it handle great Jim

Leave a comment:

• jjames24121
    replied
    I have own a cva 300 win mag apex for about a yr shoots great, accurate I have only shot it 200 yds and its dead on I use a pro Nikon scope on it Id say its better than a thompson try it you'll love it it handle great Jim

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• racingjunky
    replied
    I have an apex 30-06. Removed my millett 44mm 3x12 scope from my mossburg 30-06 and installed on apex. scope would slide forward in rings after multiple shoots. I tried tightening untill eventually cracking scope ring. I tried new weaver rings with same result. Then found quad mount weaver rings that should be better. Scope still moves forward from recoil. I never had this problem when the scope was on the Mossburg. Any ideas on what to do?

Leave a comment:

• michmack
    replied
    bought the 300 win mag apex appears solid, now i just need to sight in. Cabelas had it for 499.00

Leave a comment:

• WA_Hunter
    replied
    I dunno, but I'm still trying to get my grubby lil mitts on one.

Far as whether it's as good as the Encore, I'd have to take Mike Bellm's word that they're good. He's been accurizing and building T/C's forever and now he's saying the Apex is the way to go.

Leave a comment:

• michmack
    replied
    plan on buying an apex in 300 win mag within a week or 2

Leave a comment:

• michmack
    replied
    plan on buying buying an apex in 300 win mag within a week or 2

Leave a comment:

• michmack
    replied
    wakeman seems to be the only one bashing the cva's, and the only other time I hear about the cva s having problems it's someone quting wakemans article which is about older cva s. I have not had any problem with my optima, and have found it very accurate.

Leave a comment:

• Dman
    replied
    Just got an Apex the other day in .308. Went out today to get the scope on paper and close (didn't have a good rest). Last 4 shot group under 1". Love the way the gun feels and points. I will be getting the ML barrel soon and maybe a few others if the results are going to be this good.

Leave a comment:

• krscpa
    replied
    I just bought a CVA Apex and love it! Feels so much more like a rifle rather than a boat paddle. 3 shots from 200 yds touching...300 win mag...plan on taking to New Mexico for an elk Hunt in October...can't wait.

Oh..on Randy Wakeman...did some research on him as well...Randy is a magician by trade and relies on illusions...he is sponsored by Savage and is a "Blogger". He also has connections with the law firm that has made a living suing CVA....There were some CVA's that were recalled back in the early 90's. The CVA's that are being built now are awesome.

Leave a comment:

• mohuntermz
    replied
    Went down to shoot Apex this last weekend. It looks totally different than Encore, very stylish. It shoot great, 50 cal, mz, 7mm-08, 30-06, 300 win mag and 22 rim fire. I hope they come out with a wood stock, could compete with Ruger #1. I going to get one!!!

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Beekeeper, do you own one? Please elaborate. Thankyou

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    This week was especially heavy on rock songs. I also got stuck in the 80’s. I realized soon into it that by far most of my movie watching was from that...
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
  • TGIF; Off the Big Screen
    by fitch270
    So I mentioned this last week, we’ve posted a few songs off soundtracks before but I think there’s loads of material left to cover. Not only are there...
    09-16-2021, 11:01 PM
  • Reply to Bust gun buying trip
    by fitch270
    Actually the show itself wasn’t too bad, it was the 5 hour round trip eating up the beautiful day that hurt. I come home from most of them empty handed...
    Yesterday, 11:41 PM
  • Bust gun buying trip
    by fitch270
    Headed to Syracuse Sunday for the big fall gun show. Had a pocket full of cash and was looking to spend it. Wanted a stainless .270, a synthetic 12 gauge...
    Yesterday, 09:41 PM
  • Reply to Real Quiet
    by Milldawg
    As a business owner and an employee rising wages are good and bad. As a business owner I lose profit that I can spend on things that actually drive the...
    Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X