Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone buy or shoot a CVA Apex yet? Easily interchangeable Centerfire rifle to Muzzleloader. It's billed as a cheaper yet superi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

I have own a cva 300 win mag apex for about a yr shoots great, accurate I have only shot it 200 yds and its dead on I use a pro Nikon scope on it Id say its better than a thompson try it you'll love it it handle great Jim

Comment

I have own a cva 300 win mag apex for about a yr shoots great, accurate I have only shot it 200 yds and its dead on I use a pro Nikon scope on it Id say its better than a thompson try it you'll love it it handle great Jim

Comment

I've had my apex 243 and 270 for 2 years now and also own an encore in 270. Both are excellent rifles. I had to do some work on the encore with Bellm's help its shoots sub moa at 200 yards. Out of the box the apex was picky on ammo but would shoot sub moa @ 100 yards. I have the apex now out shooting the T/C with a ragged hole @ 200 yards with putting in a $12 oversized hinge pin from Bellm. It is a less expensive solution, however there is custom stuff for the T/C and only the hinge pin for the Apex.
          With that said, if you wanna customize your rifle go with T/C. If not save the cash for a sweet hunt and get a Apex.

Comment

Originally posted by krscpa View Post
            I just bought a CVA Apex and love it! Feels so much more like a rifle rather than a boat paddle. 3 shots from 200 yds touching...300 win mag...plan on taking to New Mexico for an elk Hunt in October...can't wait.

Oh..on Randy Wakeman...did some research on him as well...Randy is a magician by trade and relies on illusions...he is sponsored by Savage and is a "Blogger". He also has connections with the law firm that has made a living suing CVA....There were some CVA's that were recalled back in the early 90's. The CVA's that are being built now are awesome.
            what ammo you shooting from you 300 win mag?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad