Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone buy or shoot a CVA Apex yet? Easily interchangeable Centerfire rifle to Muzzleloader. It's billed as a cheaper yet superi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone buy or shoot a CVA Apex yet? Easily interchangeable Centerfire rifle to Muzzleloader. It's billed as a cheaper yet superi

Anyone buy or shoot a CVA Apex yet? Easily interchangeable Centerfire rifle to Muzzleloader. It's billed as a cheaper yet superior alternative to the T/C. Any feedback appreciated

I still like the Encore better. It has more availible chamberings.

Comment

Have you shot both guns?

Comment

Before purchasing a CVA I recommend reading Randy Wakeman's article on www.chuckhawks.com.

Comment

The APEX is a good, sound, dependable rifle.

Comment

Beekeeper, do you own one? Please elaborate. Thankyou

Comment

Went down to shoot Apex this last weekend. It looks totally different than Encore, very stylish. It shoot great, 50 cal, mz, 7mm-08, 30-06, 300 win mag and 22 rim fire. I hope they come out with a wood stock, could compete with Ruger #1. I going to get one!!!

Comment

I just bought a CVA Apex and love it! Feels so much more like a rifle rather than a boat paddle. 3 shots from 200 yds touching...300 win mag...plan on taking to New Mexico for an elk Hunt in October...can't wait.

Oh..on Randy Wakeman...did some research on him as well...Randy is a magician by trade and relies on illusions...he is sponsored by Savage and is a "Blogger". He also has connections with the law firm that has made a living suing CVA....There were some CVA's that were recalled back in the early 90's. The CVA's that are being built now are awesome.

Comment

Just got an Apex the other day in .308. Went out today to get the scope on paper and close (didn't have a good rest). Last 4 shot group under 1". Love the way the gun feels and points. I will be getting the ML barrel soon and maybe a few others if the results are going to be this good.

Comment

wakeman seems to be the only one bashing the cva's, and the only other time I hear about the cva s having problems it's someone quting wakemans article which is about older cva s. I have not had any problem with my optima, and have found it very accurate.

Comment

plan on buying buying an apex in 300 win mag within a week or 2

Comment

plan on buying an apex in 300 win mag within a week or 2

Comment

I dunno, but I'm still trying to get my grubby lil mitts on one.

Far as whether it's as good as the Encore, I'd have to take Mike Bellm's word that they're good. He's been accurizing and building T/C's forever and now he's saying the Apex is the way to go.

Comment

bought the 300 win mag apex appears solid, now i just need to sight in. Cabelas had it for 499.00

Comment

I have an apex 30-06. Removed my millett 44mm 3x12 scope from my mossburg 30-06 and installed on apex. scope would slide forward in rings after multiple shoots. I tried tightening untill eventually cracking scope ring. I tried new weaver rings with same result. Then found quad mount weaver rings that should be better. Scope still moves forward from recoil. I never had this problem when the scope was on the Mossburg. Any ideas on what to do?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad