Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you fill about the marlin 30 30 rifle i am thinking about buying one

how do you fill about the marlin 30 30 rifle i am thinking about buying one

I think the Marlin is the best of all the lever guns ever made including the 94. JMO

Comment

definetly but one. they are very nice rifles

Comment

I love mine, they work flawlessly and are very accurate.

Comment

Yep the best lever made. Easy to scope, locks up tight to keep the weather out of the action, most are accurate, rugged and reliable, feels good in your hands, plus .30-30s still are a good choice in many environments. I have a friend who hunts bear, mule deer and elk in the Rockies with one of these by preference. He uses no scope or sling. He also is a very successful hunter.

Comment

I don't think that you can go wrong in buying one.

Comment

Yes, i agree with these guys, if you want a lever action, the Marlins are probably the top choice. You can shoot the Hornady flex-tip bullets in it, increasing range and velocity to previously unseen levels in production loads for the good ol' .30-30

Comment

Owned one since the age of 7 and poured a lot of lead out of it from 100 to 170 grainer’s, I love it still even after 46 years! Of course My rifle says ''Revelation Western Auto Supply Co Model 200, that’s how old it is!

Comment

Do it, but I suggest .35 Remington instead.

Comment

good caliber for marlin shane[35 rem]marlin 336 rifles are great guns, i have the 336c/carbine,love it

Comment

It's a very good rifle, and my brother has one too.

Comment

I really like Shane's idea of the .35 Rem. Ammo might be a little more difficult to locate but it is a great round in a small package capable of much more than many give it credit.

Comment

Marlins are fine rifles, over 100 years in production, so that sort of says it all. The newer Browning Lever Rifle offers a bit more pwer choices. The Marlin in 30-30 as well as 35 Rem are now expanded by the Hornady folks flex tips. However, in order to get the best performance from a flex tip you should be using the Marlin XLR (a 24" barrel. The BLR can get you top performance in several great rounds, 243, 7-08, 308, 358,450 Marlin, 270, 30'06, as well as the new short mags 270 WSM, 300 WSM and 325 WSM. You can eve get the rifle set up as a scout and take down for traveling. Very versatile and long range accurate with the rotating bolt lock up. I have mine in 358 Winchester set up with Williams firesights, and Leupold QR mounts and a Leupold VXI 2-7 x 33 scope with the ballistic drop reticle, alumi-Rain kote lense protectors. I also own several other levers, a model 71 winchester (which is the real cream of the crop lever if you can find one) in 348 Winchester as well as a model 64 in 30-30. Those last two are quasi safe queens now but were real fine hunters in their early years. The 64 is set up as a scout rifle with a leupod 2.5 FXII scope with QRW mounts and rings, whereas the model 71 has a offset scope mount with a weaver 1-3.5 x 26 and Williams firesights for open sight back up.

Comment

my dad has one and i love it

Comment

The model 336 and the XLR are both great guns.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                by 99explorer
                                I love posting factual comments that can only be answered by personal insults from the other side.
                                It's like taking candy from a baby!
                                Today, 09:56 PM
                              • 16 Years
                                by jhjimbo
                                So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                              • Reply to 16 Years
                                by crm3006
                                From #1 Bubba- "What you two clowns know about immigration law and citizenship requirements wouldn't fill a sewing thimble."

Hey,...
                                Today, 09:51 PM
                              • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by crm3006
                                What? Exposed your ignorance about Auto 5s, did I, little man? Gonna pout, and hold your breath 'til you turn blue?
                                Today, 09:45 PM
                              • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                by derek7
                                Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                                08-11-2020, 09:03 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X