Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ammo and reloading component shortage must be nationwide after checking locally, on-line at Cabela's, Midway, Bass Pro, Gand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ammo and reloading component shortage must be nationwide after checking locally, on-line at Cabela's, Midway, Bass Pro, Gand

The ammo and reloading component shortage must be nationwide after checking locally, on-line at Cabela's, Midway, Bass Pro, Gander Mt, J & G, Lock, Stock, and Barrel, Gaff, and others who are all "out of stock". Have the rest of you encountered this problem to any great extent?

Can't find my favorite 22 load.

Comment

I have experienced the same on Natchezss and CheaperthanDirt. The only thing in stock seems to be unpopular sized stuff.

Comment

Even my local Wallyworld now has a sign up that says limit 2 boxes ammo per customenr.

Comment

steve182: The two sources your mentioned plus Mid-South Shooters supply are the others I refered to, looks like if you have an antique French pinfire revolver you might be in luck, anything halfway normal, forget it.
          Del: My Wallyworld has limited us to ONE box for over a month but it does not matter because they don't have anything anyway.
          The lady who cuts my hair and is a trapshooter told me she saw on TV that some guy walked into a Cabela's and bought all their metallic ammo. Wrote a check and had them load it into his pickup.

Comment

NatchezSS just stent me a eflyer with 308, 30-06,22-250, and 45 ACP all on sale, all FMJ. Don't know if this helps, its all Rem.

Comment

About March 17, 2009 I contacted Congressman John Boozmans Office. What I was told there is no legislation on the Federal level at this time, only at the state level. Below is the web site I was to refer to for what is going on. Also what I was told where there is heavy hunting, this should not pass. Also Congressman John Boozman is with the 2nd Amendment group and opposes any legislation of this type period! http://www.ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Also at that time I emailed Federal Cartridge Company and they said the shortage was due to Government Contracts.

Comment

ya i have had that problem alot.

Comment

Just got some ammo from the local wow-mart and sportsman's guide.

Comment

Talked with an owner of a large gun shop tonight. He said they are having problems getting in some components, especially primers.

Comment

Ya. Gander Mountain is having a hard time getting pistol ammo.

Comment

Unfortunately yes. Thanks to uor current "president."

Comment

yeah it is terrible. i went into 2 stores yesterday and couldnt find any .223 ammo

Comment

I've had a hard time finding any handgun ammo in decent quantities. I shoot a 9mm and it seems even harder to find. I did get a few hundred rounds of FMj Winchester white box at Wal-Mart the other day. It was the only center fire handgun ammo in the store and it was still in the back. I really like the Winchester SPX personal protection ammo exclusively at Bass Pro but they have not had any in the store near me or online for a while.

Comment

You want to know why every one is stocking up? Because Obama is in office. Every one is afraid that he is going to take our ammo away.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad