Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best 17 hmr rifle? and what would be the best scope to go with it? all at a resonable price of course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best 17 hmr rifle? and what would be the best scope to go with it? all at a resonable price of course

what is the best 17 hmr rifle? and what would be the best scope to go with it? all at a resonable price of course

Savage 93R17 series. Check them all out. Pick whatever stock and barrel suits you, as there are plenty of configurations. A lot of gun for the money. Very accurate. The BTVS version has a thumbhole laminate stock and a heavy stainless target barrel. This is almost more than you need, and the more basic models are much cheaper, but this thing looks cool, and with it, you'll print groups that are even cooler.

If you want to spend more, check out the Sako Quad. You're paying for a very well thought out, accurate gun, and the versatility of having 3 other barrels in the 3 other major rimfire calibers that change out fast and easy without moving the point of impact terribly far.

If you're really on a budget, get an H&R single shot. Very simple, very cheap, and still very accurate.

Comment

I have been very happy with my CZ 452 and a Swift 4-12, the whole thing cost me less than $500 and true it doesn't shoot any better than the Savage but I just feel it is a little more substantial and better made.

Comment

marlins have a good price, but i have heard there triggers suck.

Comment

I think we have a Marlin. single shot with a 5 round magazine. They are really good for coyotes and prarie dogs.

Comment

Agreed with shane answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
              by FirstBubba
              jimbo don't like me. LOL! 😉! I caught him and called his hand....
              Today, 07:26 PM
            • Rest Easy
              by jhjimbo
              Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
              Yesterday, 08:55 PM
            • Reply to More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
              by FirstBubba
              Talk about caught twixt a rock and a hard spot!
              Never did like Graham. He just looks cheesy to me.

Did appreciate what Graham did for...
              Today, 07:18 PM
            • More on crawfishin' lightfoot lindsey grahm
              by crm3006
              Wow: Lindsey Graham Refuses to Issue Big Tech Subpoenas

Un-be-lievable.

Lindsey Graham swore up and down that he would
              Today, 05:22 PM
            • Reply to Rest Easy
              by jhjimbo
              I have blocked several that do not post anything worth reading, off topic wrong information, or pivoting on a thread.
              The site is much more enjoyable...
              Today, 07:02 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X