Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking at getting a 22 magnum. And was wondering what the best all around one would be? or if you think a 17 hmr might be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking at getting a 22 magnum. And was wondering what the best all around one would be? or if you think a 17 hmr might be

I am looking at getting a 22 magnum. And was wondering what the best all around one would be? or if you think a 17 hmr might be better let me know

22 magnum

Comment

Although a 22 magnum is a good round. I would opt for the 17 hmr, it is like a little stick of dynamite. It is also an up-and-coming round that I think will establish itself right next to the .22. But the down side is that bullets cost more and so does the rifle. I guess it all depends on the money you are looking to spend and what you want to hunt with it. But if money is not a concer... 17 hmr

Comment

Close call. .22 WMR can be cheaper to shoot. Fun factor goes to the .17HMR. Very accurate. Less chance of ricochet.

But, I am really curious how the Hornady .22 WMR VMax affects performance and fun factor. Would be nice to get a .22WMR that shoots both rounds well.

Ruger M77 is a great rifle in both calibers. People complain about the triggers but my M77/17 was fine.

Comment

Sako Quad. You can have both.

Comment

couldent have said it better florida hunter

Comment

Take a look at the CZ 452 American. It is available in every rimfire option out there. Excellent rifles at a reasonable price. The Ruger as mentioned by MLH is also an excellent rifle. Can't say anthing bad about the SAKO Quad except that it is a bit pricy!

Comment

i would go with a 17, they dont cost that much more to shoot, about $2 more a box than 22mags. and it will hold up for about 300 yards, there has never been a 22 made that would shoot that far.

Comment

Depends what you are using it for. I would go with a 17 HMR.

Comment

.17 is too small a caliber in my book and I will never own one. Go with .22 Mag.

Comment

I would go with a semi-auto ruger rifle in 17 HMR.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad