Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey just a question about Kimber rifles. I've been looking on the website and i've failed to figure out which rifle of theirs is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey just a question about Kimber rifles. I've been looking on the website and i've failed to figure out which rifle of theirs is

Hey just a question about Kimber rifles. I've been looking on the website and i've failed to figure out which rifle of theirs is the top of the line, superior model. I'm looking for a wood stock. Bolt Action. 243 or 25-06 caliber.

Top is the Super America. It has a mirror blue finish on the metal and the wood is upgraded. I have a model 8400 with wood that came with a matte blue finish. I had it Cerakoted. You can see a pic of it by clicking my username and checking the photo file. They all have excellent triggers.

Comment

I'd take the 25-06 over the 243 any day, more range, bucks the wind better and you can use it on Elk!

Comment

i would also go with the 25-6, i dont think .243's have enough power in my opinion

Comment

another brand that you might want to consider looking at is sako, they make a great gun and are made in finland!

Comment

The Kimber is a great rifle. As Del said the 8400 in matte makes an excellent hunting rifle. My vote would also be for the 25/06 also, one of my favorite cartridges!

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Reid,

Let us know what you buy and post a pic, Most of us would like to see it. BTW mine is a 25-05 IMO best cal for deer there is.

Comment

Thats 25-06. Plenty of power and range yet low on recoil.

Comment

Get the .25-06 and I think these guys will give you a whole lot of help reloading for it.

Comment

I won't be buying anything until the end of the summer. The superamerica doesn't have a 25-06 caliber

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad