Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys around here swear Norma brass is far superior to Fed, Rem, Win. insofar as number of times you can reload it. Do you see t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys around here swear Norma brass is far superior to Fed, Rem, Win. insofar as number of times you can reload it. Do you see t

Guys around here swear Norma brass is far superior to Fed, Rem, Win. insofar as number of times you can reload it. Do you see this as being true?

Ishawooa,
    I've heard the same thing but never have had any. The stores around here carry Remchester.

Comment

i have never heard of Norma brass, but i never buy new brass to reload, people give my all kinds of good fired once brass.

Comment

kolbster, Norma brass is made in a few calibers in Sweden. They also manufacture Weatherby ammo as far as I am aware. I see it around especially with the benchrest shooters. I use Norma to load for my friend's .470 NE, not cheap stuff. Once fired brass is good in that you can detect any defects easily but you want to be sure that it is indeed only once fired and not well used.

Comment

Ish, I've loaded all the manufacturers you named and the two best are no doubt Win. and Norma. They both spec out fantastic. From the factory I'd have to give Norma the nod only because they de-bur the inside of the flash hole for us. But overall for the price difference between the two, I'll stick to the Win. brass. For $12 I bought a deburring tool and it's made my money back.

Comment

Jim that is how I see things as well except for a couple rifles for which I can only locate Remington brass. Cactus Jack used to say that Winchester brass had more internal capacity than Remington so obviously would hold more powder. This was supposedly due to thinner case walls. I have never bothered to check this out. I deburr everything and maybe it helps, sure does not hurt anything plus I feel like I am into performance improvement when I take that extra step. Sometimes it is amazing how much brass falls out of that deburred case.

Comment

I have used Norma for my 6.5 X 55 loads because it is made to the original specifications for the cartridge. Remington and Winchester for this round are undersized. The Norma brass even fits tightly in a standard loading tray. The Norma brass is also thicker than Remington or Winchester. It loads well and seems to be almost indestructible. I use Winchester and Remington in my other loads. Winchester seems to be in better shape coming from the factory than Remington. Less dents, burrs, etc.

Comment

Like Beekeeper, I feel the Norma brass is thicker and feels different going through the dies. However, I've used Federal for decades, and for hunting which is all I do, never had a problem.

For my 358 Norma Mag obviously only use Norma.

Comment

Couldn't agree more on deburring. Some cases fine, others amazing how much junk comes out.

Comment

I've become a fan of Nosler Custom brass here lately. Before I started using it the Remington and Winchester were my choice.

Comment

Agreed with Del in KS answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad