Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On ruger.com the suggested retail price for a Ruger M77 Hawkeye Standard is about 800 bucks. At Scheels the other day, i saw the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On ruger.com the suggested retail price for a Ruger M77 Hawkeye Standard is about 800 bucks. At Scheels the other day, i saw the

On ruger.com the suggested retail price for a Ruger M77 Hawkeye Standard is about 800 bucks. At Scheels the other day, i saw the same exact gun in there for 600. is there a reason it's 200 dollars cheaper than the suggested price? could it have been a used gun? because it looked brand spankin' new.

Gun manufacturers are just really proud of their guns. Guns are like cars; you should never have to pay MSRP. There is alot of markup. If you went out to gunbroker.com or galleryofguns.com you would probably find it even cheaper than you found.

Comment

I've never seen a msrp on a gun that was actually what dealers were charging for it. For the most part it's a physiological thing. If people think their getting it for a good bit less than it normally cost, then their more likely to buy it.

Comment

Like the other 2 have said most of the time on websites the mrsp is way higher than you can buy the gun for. When you are buying a gun keep that in mind, cabelas goes closer to the mrsp than wal-mart but cabelas also has better service after the purchase.

Comment

When I bought my Ruger M77 7mm Sportster about 5 years ago the suggest retail was $799, but I got it brand new for $524 tax included, and two years ago a got a regular m77 25-06 for &479. suggest retail is always high. Go to Walmart and if that store carries gun, all of them don't anymore, ask for their special order catalog. I would have rather gotten them a at gun shop but they were way cheaper, and I had student loans.

Comment

Don't ever pay Suggested Retail Price. That's like paying Sticker Price for a car.

Comment

MSRP is always high. This allows dealer some room to operate under. I see that rifle priced at dealer in my area any where from $585 to $620 depending on the volume of sales the dealer generates. If you can get a hold of a jobber price list you would find that most interesting in comparison to MSRP!

Comment

Guns are always cheaper than the MSRP.

Comment

Current and future legislation or speculation will affect gun prices too. Buy when you can, I've found from my personal experience the rifles are marked-up at least 20-30%, depending on the stability of the market.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad