Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heading to a gun show tomorrow, I don't "need" anything ... but y'all know how that always turns out. If I'm not looking to dro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading to a gun show tomorrow, I don't "need" anything ... but y'all know how that always turns out. If I'm not looking to dro

Heading to a gun show tomorrow, I don't "need" anything ... but y'all know how that always turns out. If I'm not looking to drop to much cash (ie: around $300) what should I be on the lookout for in terms of a used centerfire rifle?

Look for A late model 11 or 111 Savage with the Accutrigger. The 11 is the short action the 111 the long. You might even have enough left to buy scope mounts for it!

I doubt you will find a 16 or 116 (Savage's stainless model) for $300 but you might add a little and come away with a great gun.

A used Tikka T3 Lite in blue could probably be had for a little over $300. Another great gun. Slickest bolt on the market and the trigger is also quite good.

Comment

Instead of used I would buy that new Marlin bolt gun. A new one is around 300 bucks. A used gun might have been sold because there was a problem. Inaccurate for example.

Comment

.223 or a 17 hmr.

Comment

I don't like buying used just for the fact that you do not know why the person is giving the gun up or how he treated it. I only buy used guns from people I know and take their word on it.

Comment

$$$

Comment

New Marlin bolt gun!

Comment

New Marlin bolt gun!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad