Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the time of year when I trot out to the range with my vintage military rifles and start banging away. I have a Rem. 03 A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the time of year when I trot out to the range with my vintage military rifles and start banging away. I have a Rem. 03 A

This is the time of year when I trot out to the range with my vintage military rifles and start banging away. I have a Rem. 03 A3 and a Swedish light infantry rifle in 6.5x55 (which is my favorite). Anyone else in this blogosphere enjoy this hobby? Whats your favorite vintage rifle?

03-A3 and Carl Gustaf Stads Gevarsfaktori 6.5x55 Swedish Carbine and may I include Ultra Match M1A and M1 Garand, both I used on the US Air Force High Power Team 2nd Generation!

You’re talking my language there Youngman!

A good safe with alarm system is sure is nice!!

Comment

Clay,
      My swede is an '43 M38 Husqvarna and is unbelievable accurate. All original too.
      My 03-A3 was bought by a friends father after the war for $25 for joining the NRA. It shoots great too.

Comment

My buddy and I drew some depredation deer tags, and have been hunting them with our 91/30 Nagants to add a little more sport to the hunt. It has been a blast so far. If we were using our regular scoped rifles, the hunt would of just been a "shoot", instead we are having to work at it to get into open sight range. I love just plinking with these old rifles as well, lots of fun.

Comment

M1A and M1 Garand are the best battle rifles ever made! Ever and that's final. I prefer the Garand to the M14 though.

Comment

I'd like a Krag, but I ain't got one...

Comment

Moisin-Nagant, Mauser, Arasaki, and Enfield, suppose I need a Springfield and Krag also.

Comment

Ever watch the real old Tarzan movies? The safari guys at first carried Krags, then later, Springfields.

Comment

Douglas, did you raid my gun safe?! I too bring out the Carl Gustav and the '03-A3.....('cept I also bring out the K98, Enfield and Garand; sold the Krag years ago on impulse- sorry, the keyboard is now wet from my tears......).

Comment

I Bring out a pair of Carl Gustav Nitro's 1 Standard & one Delux 30/06 & 308. Does anyone know if 2 piece skope mounts are made for these. Any help appreciated.

Comment

Agreed with ishawooa answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Now I have a vintage battle rifle to shoot! A Mauser K98 chambered for .308. I like it a lot, I may not even covet the Krag anymore!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Another New Upper
                          by DakotaMan
                          Milldawg inspired me so I finished my new 6mm AR upper as a Covid time killer project. I had made a 6mm Creedmoor with an 8 twist Bartlein barrel for...
                          Today, 12:54 PM
                        • Reply to 16 Years
                          by Ontario Honker Hunter
                          Pighunter: I don't need to speak for Christ. His message is clear enough and simple enough for anyone to grasp. There is no such thing as God's chosen....
                          Today, 12:15 PM
                        • 16 Years
                          by jhjimbo
                          So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                          Yesterday, 09:20 PM
                        • Reply to 16 Years
                          by Ontario Honker Hunter
                          Har, har. Nice try. And just what do you think drove earliest societal construction? Survival of the family unit/herd. It's ingrained in our DNA through...
                          Today, 12:06 PM
                        • Reply to 16 Years
                          by PigHunter
                          OHH, I totally disagree with you. That's a ridiculous statement that "Blind partisinism (sic) is racism in a sheep's clothing." Do you even...
                          Today, 11:59 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X