Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This question is for Mr Petzal or anyone that has shot this rifle,I just bought a Cz550 American in 375HH for a great deal, my ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This question is for Mr Petzal or anyone that has shot this rifle,I just bought a Cz550 American in 375HH for a great deal, my ?

This question is for Mr Petzal or anyone that has shot this rifle,I just bought a Cz550 American in 375HH for a great deal, my ? is how reliable is it and how is the accuracy I just hope I didnt get screwed to bad.

Shoot it, you may be pleasantly surprised. It is a more common brand in Africa than here in the U.S. The 375 is far and away the most widely owned of big calibers here at home, often purchased on a whim, rather than need. Therefore, come back to market more frequently, add the lack of popular brand name may be reason for inexpensive price.

A few years back, I borrowed a beat up CZ in 375 from a young PH. Shot 3 rounds inside an inch at 50 yards off the sticks while sighting in. Then killed my best Cape Buffalo with one shot, just as dead as if I was using my custom made 416 Rigby.

Comment

CZ produces excellent rifles. My CZ 452 .22 bolt action shoots very tiny groups even out to 100 yards. Handsome and reliable, too.

Comment

CZ's are excellent rifles. You didn't get the shaft. As Happy said, they are typically the gun of the African PH. Well built and accurate. Well worth the money. Here are a copy of links to reviews of the rifle.

http://www.gunblast.com/CZ-550.htm

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/cs/Satellite/IMO_GA/Story_C/Bang+For+Your+Buck

TW, if your 452 is like mine it will stack different brands and bullet weights. Best .22 I've ever owned!

Comment

I am more than happy with my CZ550 in 375 H&H. When it is new, the action will probably feel a little rough. Before you shoot it, cycle the action about 200-300 times while oiling it constantly to smooth out the action parts. It becomes the smoothest working action you ever shot. The .375 slides in and out of the chamber like butter. Mine shoots nice 3/4 inch groups at 100 yds with most of the bullets available. I am hooked on the trigger for accurate long range shooting. It has the double set trigger that goes off at a little over a pound I think. That contributes a lot to its accuracy. The only thing I would do better on it is to give it a better coat of bluing. It has a light coat and you might see rust showing up on it if you hunt in the raining weather. The stock is not the fanciest but it shoots and for the price it is a real bargain. I would do it again and again.

Comment

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad