Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick detach scope mounts. Are they worth it? If so, what brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

I realize this thread is essentially dead, but I'm currently looking at detachable mounts, so I'll post here.
      Where I hunt moose there's thick bush to open 200-300 yd swales. I currently have a 4x-12x Leupold on my Browning Eclipse .300 win mag as I typically hunt these swales. While resting in the bush a bull walked out of thick brush 30 ft in front of me. Even at 4x he was so close I couldn't make heads or tails what I was looking at and he got away. Thinking a detachable mount with an alternate holosight or 1.5x scope would have solved that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by hjohn429 View Post
        My dad uses a Leupold quick-detatch scope mount on his 444 Marlin XLR. It works great, but I would not recommend one for a deer gun. Like Beekeeper said I would put one on a dangerouse game rifle or combat rifle that would be going through harsh conditions.
        Reason I looked it up was ,I thought maybe a guy gets one really good scope and be able to mount it to different riffles ??Is it possible to have mounting rails that adjust so your scope is zeroed on every riffle ?

Comment

Originally posted by hjohn429 View Post
          My dad uses a Leupold quick-detatch scope mount on his 444 Marlin XLR. It works great, but I would not recommend one for a deer gun. Like Beekeeper said I would put one on a dangerouse game rifle or combat rifle that would be going through harsh conditions.
          Reason I looked it up was ,I thought maybe a guy gets one really good scope and be able to mount it to different riffles ??Is it possible to have mounting rails that adjust so your scope is zeroed on every riffle ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad