Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington 770 .270 win. Good or bad?

Remington 770 .270 win. Good or bad?

The 770 is crap it is just as bad as the 710. If you want a Rem buy a 700 SPS.

Comment

.270 win. is my all time favorite caliber for everything from dirt dogs to elk. If the Remington 770 will put it where you aim it what more could you want.

Comment

i'm with idduckhntr. BAD

Comment

Cheap chinese cheap labor crap. Save your money and buy a quality gun like a remington 700 or a browning xbolt. you will never regret it trust me

Comment

Good caliber, I no nothing of the rifle!

Bubba

Comment

Get a Marlin XL7 if you want a cheap .270. Accurate, solid, good trigger.

Comment

POS, period. What they said ^ ^ ^ ^

Comment

POS, period. What they said ^ ^ ^ ^

Comment

DITTO!!shane

Bas Pro Shops has that gun on sale $349.99 W/Scope

IMHO~~The Marlin or Savage would be a better buy.

Comment

Stay away from the low-end price-point combo guns. You will likely not be happy with it in the long run and the resale is terrible, too. If it is a combo deal, it probably has a crummy rifle, a POS scope, or both!

Comment

Bad cheap gun. The SPS line is a less expensive line that is a quality 700 action without all the spit and polish. Stay away from the 770, you will be sorry if you don't. As for the .270 it is not my choice but go for it.

Comment

The 770 is an accurate rifle.

That being said, its garbage compared to what you can get with the same ammount of money.

Like others have said, go with the Marlin XL7 in a .270 Winchester. It has a much better trigger, and above all a much better, and smoother action.

If you want to stick with Remington, go with a 700 SPS like many others have said. It will be about another 200 dollars, but its a much better built rifle. Or you can always buy a used SPS, which you should be able to get for around the same money.

Comment

I had a friend who worked in a gun store and was putting the bolt back in one when he dropped it on the floor and it BROKE! I understand that really hard steel is brittle, but I don't believe that is the case. I was thinking about buying one when he told me that. He told me for the money he would get a Savage Stevens gun.

Comment

buy something else. the worst gun i own. poorly made and undependable. from remington i expected better.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                My eldest started life as a jailer.
                                Natural progression was CLEET, city cop, county deputy, state police.
                                "I'm tired of getting beat...
                                Today, 06:00 PM
                              • Wanna be a NYC cop?
                                by FirstBubba
                                How do large metro areas ever recruit new LEO's?

https://www.redstate.com/alexparker/...-career-crimin...
                                Today, 04:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                99, I think I saw something about a contest in an e-mail. Always creates a lot of interest....
                                Today, 05:57 PM
                              • Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Every other word on TV is racism. My take on racism is everybody is, to one degree or another, a racist. My empirical evidence is every where you look....
                                09-14-2019, 06:02 PM
                              • Reply to Racism ??
                                by jhjimbo
                                Reparation's for slaves but then a deduction for room and board they received. Also, reparation's to the ancestors of Union soldiers who fought for the...
                                Today, 05:50 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X