Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody remember those Winchester heavy duty M-94s that were made in the late seventies and eighties in .375 Winchester? Anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody remember those Winchester heavy duty M-94s that were made in the late seventies and eighties in .375 Winchester? Anyone

Anybody remember those Winchester heavy duty M-94s that were made in the late seventies and eighties in .375 Winchester? Anyone still have one?

Ish I don't have one but I remember the gun cause back then I was at Ft. Benning and there was a hunting tragedy involving one. A soldier shot a deer and while walking tward the deer he somehow fell and shot himself with one. Wound was not immediately fatal but he died before they found him.

Comment

They are called Big Bores. Angle eject. Mine was a .356Win. Saw a .375Win at Cabela's a few months back. If you find a good one of these bulbous outdated big woods killing machines that no one wants anymore I might just consider taking it off your hands.

Comment

The BIG BORE 94. I have a .32Win. spl. Not a big bore but a decent gun

Comment

I somehow failed to remember the Big Bore '94 part but now that you guys refreshened my memory it comes back. I saw a guy the other day who killed the biggest black bear I have ever seen in Wyoming with such a gun back in 1988. He said he long ago traded the rifle off for some reason. That day of the kill he had put one shot into the chest of the beast and it immediately fell. The shot was probably only about 25-30 yards. I probably have a photo of him and the bear soemwhere, got to dig those old pictures out.

Comment

He possibly traded it because of difficulty finding ammo. .307 Win, .356 Win & .375 Win. are pretty much reloaders' gun nowadays.

Comment

I've got one in 444 Marlin, Its a safe queen, was shot 6 times before I got my hands on it. I still have the first box of ammo that it fired.

Comment

.444 was a great cartridge that was never developed or improved upon by the factory at the time it needed to be.

Comment

Brad - is that .444 mule ported? '90's Big Bores also came in .450 Marlin. Can put a bounce in your back step. Hard to keep track of everything Winchester did with the M94.

Comment

A friend has one in .375. Found it in a pawn shop because the first owner could't find ammo and wouldn't learn to reload. He bought it for $200! You couldn't buy the gun from him for a $1000. It is his go to woods rifle and he has killed loads of deer and feral hogs with it.

Comment

Nope its a straight barrel. I've got an 1895 Guide in 450 that's ported barrel and loud. Its fun to shoot but it kicks the snot out of you!! I've got a 45-70 in the same gun that I absolutly love to shoot.

Comment

Good answer MLH and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The George Floyd case.
                          by crm3006
                          My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                          Yesterday, 11:24 PM
                        • The George Floyd case.
                          by FirstBubba
                          Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                          Minnesota...
                          Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                        • Masks
                          by crm3006
                          Here ya go, boys and girls. I'm not much in favor of posting links, but this one is both thought provoking and hilarious! ...
                          Yesterday, 11:17 PM
                          by FirstBubba
                          Ellison is Keith Ellison. Once a Rep from MN. He is also a Muslim.
                          He gave up his House seat to run for MN AG. That will set him up to run for...
                          Yesterday, 11:15 PM
                          by crm3006
                          She is one of those soros backed DAs, and being inexperienced, way overcharged the officer for the offence. A local talk radio show host, who has two...
                          Yesterday, 11:04 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X