Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got a weatherby vanguard sub-moa in 300wsm and the trigger is just plain nasty! Called my local gunsmith and he said that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard that that some of the springs on these triggers were outside the acceptable tolerances but it wasn't caught until many vanguards were shipped. As Beekeeper said, maybe they are willing to fix them because they should not have been shipped in the first place.

I guess I got lucky, the triggers on my 2 moa's are fine.

Comment

Yeah the t3 is very light weight my bro has one in 270 wsm. I was torn between the tikka and the weatherby, hope i made the right decision. Thanks for the input all of you!

Comment

I just got a Vanguard and the trigger is to die for. 3 lbs, a nice crisp break that feels un beleivable. I would send it back to Weatherby, they are marketing their triggers real heavy, I don't think they want a bad trigger with an upset owner spoiling their marketing plan.

Comment

I just got a Vanguard and the trigger is to die for. 3 lbs, a nice crisp break that feels un beleivable. I would send it back to Weatherby, they are marketing their triggers real heavy, I don't think they want a bad trigger with an upset owner spoiling their marketing plan.

Comment

$150.00 is Great!!!

Comment

As someone who has been training Army scouts and sharpshooters for almost 8 years now, I would recommend any improvement that you feel nessisary for you to feel comfortable with you rifle. When you are making that shot, there should never be any hesitation in your mind about your equipment. Just because you can shrug off a heavy recoil, doesnt mean you should. You shouldn't get the rifle and then only shoot it a few times to get it zeroed. You should be shooting that enought that you know your rifle's ballistics without a second thought. That means shooting quite a bit. With a heavy hitting caliber like the 300WSM(and it is a heavy hitter) if you are practicing like you should, you could very likely begin to develop a flinch. I've seen it happen to seasoned shooters, not just newbies. So bear that in mind when you're figuring out what to do with your rifle. I personally have a 300WM Vanguard that I baught as a platform rifle. As well as the muzzlebrake, and the timney trigger, I floated the barrel. Beyond that, just make sure you get good glass. Happy hunting!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad