Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got a weatherby vanguard sub-moa in 300wsm and the trigger is just plain nasty! Called my local gunsmith and he said that

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a weatherby vanguard sub-moa in 300wsm and the trigger is just plain nasty! Called my local gunsmith and he said that

I just got a weatherby vanguard sub-moa in 300wsm and the trigger is just plain nasty! Called my local gunsmith and he said that its really hard to get the creep out of those triggers and he recommended a timney trigger. Has anyone had any experience with these triggers? And also after product and install he said it would be around 150$ , is this a good price? Thanks.

If that includes the trigger and install that is a very reasonable price. I have one on a Ruger MDL 77 and it is scary how clean it breaks, light too. Anyway that's my 2 cents worth, you'll like it.

Comment

$150 is about right.

It's a shame you pay good money for a gun known for its accuracy, yet you can't take advantage of it if it comes with a crap trigger.

Feel free to report on what kind of groups yer getting after you get'er fixed. Better yet, see how well you can do now, then try it again with the new trigger.

Comment

Weatherby Vanguard, HOWA1500

SKU: Weatherby Vanguard
        Price: $109.95
        http://www.timneytriggers.com/sunshop/

Timiny triggers have been around a long time and been a favorite among competition shooters. I wouldn’t give it a second thought, sorry to hear about the Weatherby!

Comment

Weatherby should know better than that!!!

Comment

$150 is a great price, and F&S just did a story on timmey triggers about a months ago.

Comment

Other than a Canjar trigger on one of my varminters, I have Timney triggers on my Mausers and a Springfield, and they've been value-added. They've served me well. I see the price has gone up a bit, and I shouldn't be surprised (it's been 6-7 years since I purchased the last one), but I believe you'll be pleased. $150 is a good price if it includes installation and adjustment.

Comment

I know it is stupid that you buy a gun and then have to buy a trigger! come on! But im stoked to shoot it. So I think I will get that trigger. Thanks for the input. And i will let yall know how it groups after i get a scope on it.... and a muzzle break. I know im a wuss.

Comment

Use the muzzle break on the range, but don't use it hunting, especially if you're with someone else. Guides hate them. They make your gun deafeningly loud.

Comment

Weatherby has been willing to clean up the bad triggers that show up in these rifles. I would contact the factory and see what they tell you before you spend the money. I agree that it is a pity that they let an MOA rifle out with a bum trigger.

$150 for parts and labor is a good price. The timney is a good after market trigger.

Comment

A muzzle break on a .300 WSM?

Comment

Sounds reasonable to me. I'd pay $150

Comment

Why wouldnt you put a muzzle break on it beekeeper?

Comment

It sounds like a fair price to me, and I think you will be happy with the timney. I don;t know if you need the muzzle break but you are the one shooting it so to each thier own.

Comment

My .300 WSM is in an extremely lightweight Tikka T3. The recoil is not bad at all, not much if any worse than any of my 30/06 rifles. For myself I cetainly wouldn't consider it a candidate for a muzzle brake. That's my humble opinion.

You are the man pulling the lanyard and putting time in at the bench. If you feel the need to moderate the recoil, I certainly wouldn't stand in your way. Just remember those things make a terrible racket!

Good luck with your project and I hope she turns out to be a real shooter!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                                by dewman
                                As long as no lightning I don't care if it rains.
                                Today, 05:45 PM
                              • Do You Like To Fish In The Rain ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                We are getting a nice slow soaker of a rain for most of Sat afternoon. Reminds me when we fished from my Fathers cruiser. It was called an express cruiser...
                                08-01-2020, 05:28 PM
                              • Reply to How do you fly ?
                                by dewman
                                The last scopes I bought were 3 Leupold vx-2's on clearance for under $150 a pc.(posted it on here, remember?) The last rifle I bought new was a Weatherby...
                                Today, 05:42 PM
                              • How do you fly ?
                                by jhjimbo
                                Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                                Today, 04:18 PM
                              • Reply to How do you fly ?
                                by FirstBubba
                                I normally purchase scopes to fill needs but I'm not above grabbing a deal, scope or gun, if it shows up.
                                Today, 05:41 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X