Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you prefer blind, hinged floorplate, or drop box magazines? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you prefer blind, hinged floorplate, or drop box magazines? Why?

Do you prefer blind, hinged floorplate, or drop box magazines? Why?

drop box. works better for me.

Comment

not a fan of hinged floor plate have dropped shell in the mud my own fault, but it stuck with me, personally it's a toss up between blind and box, box is convient, but if you have an older gun thats no longer in production and you lose, or break, or it just wears out you could have a problem, my step bro has a .410 bolt actioin and the box mag wore out and he can't find another. So my savage 111 with blind mag seems rather appealing!LOL

Comment

Drop box because of the ease of operation.

Comment

I will only use a hinged floor plate or maybe a blind magazine. I really hate having to run the cartridges through the chamber with a blind but the rifle is usually a bit lighter, feels better in the hand when carrying it, and of course is simplier. I have never had a floor plate come open but I do stick a piece of duct tape over the floor plate on larger rifles just to make me feel better about it. I hear about this happening and can see that it distinctly is a possibility. I will not use a magazine since invariably it gets lost or left behind and you are stuck with a single shot that is difficult to reload. I'm not going to pack around extra magazines when hunting.

Comment

I prefer a hinged floor plate, but own rifles with all three. When you are left handed you can't be very choosey!

Comment

I have a drop box magazine.

Comment

I perfer the hinged floor plate or blind, I ahve never been a fan of the drop box.

Comment

Hinged floor plate. I like the security of loading the internal magazine and the ability to empty it with opening of the trap-door. Blind magazines can be dangerous, becuase you have to work the bold to unload each round. I haven't used a Drop Box Magazine; only in an AR-15, so I can't comment on those...

Comment

depends on what type of rifle I am using.

Comment

In regard to blind mags, My savage 06 has a blind and working the bolt is easies I guess, but I can and do remove rounds with my finger sliding them out, and I have pretty darn big fingers

Comment

can someone post a link for a picture of a blind magazine? i don't understand what that is. i'm sure i've seen it before though

Comment

I have a detachable box magazine(DBM). I like it for the most part, mainly because I do not like to have to maneuver my fingers under the scope to load the rifle and it also gives me more flexibility with scope mounting bases. However occasionally I do have some trouble lining it up properly and clicking it in place. Therefore I would consider the hinged floor plate the most reliable and simplest of the three. The blind magazine IMO is a cost cutting set-up that I would avoid, all things being equal. Good luck!

Comment

I prefer drop box, but hinged floorplate is a close second.

Comment

Drop Box Magazines for me!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                by franchi20
                                I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of who...
                                Today, 07:40 PM
                              • Debate #2: new rules
                                by FirstBubba
                                New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
                                The "Biden Campaign"!...
                                10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
                              • Reply to What's after Trump?
                                by franchi20
                                Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
                                Today, 07:34 PM
                              • What's after Trump?
                                by FirstBubba
                                No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                                There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                                Today, 01:46 PM
                              • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
                                by fitch270
                                The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
                                Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X