Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a 12 gauge double barrel hammer lock Belgium laminated steel with metal butt plate. Iam tring to find out what year it is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna Marie Cox Gerlofs
    replied
    I have an Henry Arms Co, 12ga, double barrel hammered shotgun, says Laminated Steel Belgium on bar between barrels. Has no numbers or dates on it. It was my grandfathers. I bird hunt with it every year, dead on shots. Value is unknown and images i have searched are close but not exact.

Leave a comment:

• David Clay
    replied
    Maybe in the $150 range Belgium made between 1830 -1850 not able to handle modern gunpowder but make great Wall hangars.

Leave a comment:

• Jack Jackson
    replied
    2013 still hammer stock looking?

Leave a comment:

• ajohns01
    replied
    I am interested in this gun also, I have one but my stock is broke. I am missing a hammer also. Can you still find parts for it?

Leave a comment:

• Larry Shaw
    replied
    Can you get the hammers anywhere, I have a friend that has one from his granddad, has the left hammer missing.
    I have tried brwonells, gunpartscorp, dixie gunworks etc?

Thanks

Gunsmith1955

Leave a comment:

• CHADWICK77
    replied
    I was looking for some of the same info. Mine is Eclipse gun co. ,also says laminated steel belgium on,or in between the barrels. It breaks down into three pieces and under the handguard on the barrels it has several markings and numbers. In the center, on the ridge between the barrels it has 4 1 9 5 8 . I assume this could be month and year of production. i am very interested to find out for sure as I have always thought it was older.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Mohawk
    replied
    i have a double barreled, laminated, 12 gauge, belguim eclipse shot gun to, but mine is in a lot better condition, choked, and has no rust

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Good answer streack and A + 1 for you!!!

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied
    I went off the fact that he said laminated steel figuring that it was stamped on the barrel somewhere and as far as I could find, Eclipse shotguns are the only shotguns that have "Laminated Steel" stamped on some of their barrels. As far as I know I could be way off, but if you take a look at some of the Eclipse shotguns, they look exactly how he explained his. It would be nice if Wildbill2603 could tell me if I got the right shotgun company.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    streack,
    Where did you get the info or the instinct to suggest your answer? I'm impressed, just wasn't enough info for me to respond.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    steve your always there to snatch up a good deal.

Leave a comment:

• steve182
    replied
    Give you $100 for it.

Leave a comment:

• streack
    replied
    It sounds like you might have an shotgun made by the Eclipse Gun Company in Belgium. They imported shotguns from 1871-about 1900 to a store called Folsoms. After the Folsoms store closed it's doors they continued to market other models of shotguns from 1905-1957. They were a pretty common shot gun at that time and there are still lots of them around. If you barrel is marked "Laminated Steel" it is one of the older ones. Unfortunately they are not worth all that much; depending on the condition, $140-$550.

Leave a comment:

• I have a 12 gauge double barrel hammer lock Belgium laminated steel with metal butt plate. Iam tring to find out what year it is

I have a 12 gauge double barrel hammer lock Belgium laminated steel with metal butt plate. Iam tring to find out what year it is and how much it's worth?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad