Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you ladies and gents enjoy hunting with traditional blackpowder firearms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you ladies and gents enjoy hunting with traditional blackpowder firearms?

How many of you ladies and gents enjoy hunting with traditional blackpowder firearms?

Does a T/C Renegade qualify? Only once did I pull the trigger and the deer not fall. Don't let anyone tell you a patched round ball in not deadly.

Comment

I do tend to be more "liberal" with regard to firearms, but I do shoot black powder and I don't see the point of in lines. I shoot a traditions .50 caplock with a wooden stock and iron sights. I also like to shoot my 6 black powder pistols, but I don't hunt with 'em. My BP handguns are a representative collection of replicas that illustrate the history of firearms (except that I lack a wheellock or a matchlock. Someday...).

Comment

I have an inline, does that count?

Comment

i had to use my dads "civil war musket" before i got my CVA

Comment

We call sidelocks traditional but in-lines have been around for a couple of hundred years. The flintlock and percussion are themselves evolutions of the wheellock and matchlock. In-lines have dramatically improved, to say the least. How far back do we want to go - 200 years?, 400 years? Kentucky long rifle? Hawkins? Whatever turns our crank, I suppose. I like them all.

Comment

By the way, can't remember when rifling was introduced. Perhaps a smoothbore musket should be considered more traditional.

Comment

Bell, Check out the Wheellocks and matchlocks in my photo file. Those were very ornate contraptions with long barrels. Took the pic in London , UK.
                I have 3 inlines, a Hatfield Mountain rifle and a Pennsylvania long rifle (my favorite). They are fun to hunt with but Archery hunting is my first love. Mainly because the rut in KS is in archery season.

Comment

Sorry meant to say Bella.

Comment

i built a tradtoinal muzzloader and i also have TC omega

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad