Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of bullet drop compensator (bdc) reticles on scopes? I got one on a scope and find the reticle is an annoyance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I love it!

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Unless you have a quality rangefinder with ballistic range computation, or know how to do it in your head instantly, they are just a distraction to shooting. Trying to use a precise hold without knowing the precsie range at greater distances is futile.

I have one, but I always compare the 300 yard reticle spot with where my center crosshair is located on the target for verification of holdover. If I can't hold on hair, the elk is too far away to fire.

Leave a comment:

• saul6805
    replied
    I use the Nikon BDC reticle on several guns with good results. However you must put in some range time to see where your paricular load shoots at various ranges. Sometimes you need to use different parts of the circle for some calibers. It's more of a confidence issue for me.

Leave a comment:

• ishawooa
    replied
    I might have mentioned this before but last year one of my friends had a Leupold B & C on his .300 WSM. He was watching a bull that was moving through the tree with a cow about 400 yards away but the bull would not stop long enough to shoot. After a few minutes the bull popped up in front of him at about 35 yards. He missed it twice before connecting and yes the bull just stood still watching him reload. It was about a 300 or so bull and old George said he had never shot a deer or elk that close before with a rifle. They both were surprised and luckily he didn't accidently shoot the cow as well.

Leave a comment:

• MLH
    replied
    I have TDS that worked okay. Simple to use once set up. Practice is the key. Mixing types just adds confusion.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad