Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And I further submit ladies and gentlemen is it true that if you shoot a large animal with a small gun (as in a brown bear with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I further submit ladies and gentlemen is it true that if you shoot a large animal with a small gun (as in a brown bear with

And I further submit ladies and gentlemen is it true that if you shoot a large animal with a small gun (as in a brown bear with a .243) it will damage the rifle action?

You could shoot a diamond with it and its not going to hurt anything. The bullet has already left the rifle.

Comment

I suggest that it could be true. Hear me out...You shoot big bear with little gun. Big bear come after you with little gun. You and little gun have bad day. Therefore, yes, it could hurt your action. Is this really a serious question?

Comment

Only if you hit the bear over the head with the gun.

Comment

Nope

Comment

Ish, again I repeat. Maybe you should come down off that mountain for a while...

Comment

No

Comment

Makes sense to me. Pass the bong Ish.

Comment

ishawooa

What is the world are you talking about!

Let me get this right? You shoot a brown bear with a .243 and it will damage the rifle action?

Answer, only if you had to beat the bear over the head after you shoot it or the bear shoves it up you _______!

Comment

It will definitly hurt the action when the bear uses it as a toothpick to clean you-who-tried-to-shoot-it-with-a-.243 out of his teeth.

Comment

I think the action will be safer than the stock when the angry bear thrashes that rifle and the disappointed shooter who fired the shot. My mind is drawing a cartoon even as I type this. Thank you for putting a smile on my face this afternoon.

Comment

who is telling you these stupid things, they make no sense what so ever.

Comment

no

Comment

you really are an idiot. You are acting like an immature 10year old with these ridiculous questions.

Comment

Yep. Because the large animal will run you down and trample the gun.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad