Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a Jewell trigger and do you consider it better than Canjar or Timney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a Jewell trigger and do you consider it better than Canjar or Timney?

Anyone have a Jewell trigger and do you consider it better than Canjar or Timney?

Ishawooa-- I've used all three triggers. The Jewel is hard to beat at the bench, but it takes getting used to from the off hand position. I prefer it on rifles 300 Win Mag and calibers below, where it really shines. I tend to "hang on to" my heavy recoil calibers, and run into the chance of firing a little prematurely and not following through properly. Clay Cooper would probably groan at that statement.

Comment

Whoops, I forgot to indicate which I like best. Jewel, followed by Timney, last place Canjar......One mans opinion.

Comment

Happy Myles I feel the same way concerning the Canjar and Timney. I think you might have just saved me some bucks on the Jewell based upon your observations it might not be the best choice for a .338 Edge that I am planning. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

In certain actions, and for cetain uses,some triggers are better suited than others it seems to me. I like the feel of the Timney triggers in my sporterized mauser and springfield, as well as the Weatherbys I own. I like the Canjar in my older winchesters, i.e. pre 64 Model 70, 75, 52,etc. and jewell works well with remington and ruger, IMHO. Just stay away from Rifle basix, not a favorite of mine in my savages.

Comment

I love the Jewell!

Comment

I love the Jewell!

Comment

I love the Jewell!

Comment

I love the Jewell!

Comment

I love the Jewell!

Comment

I love the Jewell!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad