Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My husband has a Winchester Model 94 30-30 rifle serial #4701374 .....What's it worth? It's our favorite gun and it's dead accur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband has a Winchester Model 94 30-30 rifle serial #4701374 .....What's it worth? It's our favorite gun and it's dead accur

My husband has a Winchester Model 94 30-30 rifle serial #4701374 .....What's it worth? It's our favorite gun and it's dead accurate!! I would never trade it for another in the world!!!

about $350-$500 depending on condition.

Comment

I am not shure but my dad has one and he will never trade it in too. I love it.

Comment

I agree with Kolbster.

Comment

Kolbster right on with that estimate, but a dead-on good shooting gun is priceless

Comment

OK. I'm a little suspicious now. Why not ask Mr. Raechel Parrett?

Comment

I wouldn't say that any model 94 is "dead accurate" by today's standards. A good one will print 2.5 inches at 100 yards and that is quite lousy compared to today's rifles.

Comment

I have a M9422 mag. It is exceptionally accurate, In the bigger bore calibers you are probably right.

Comment

I'm with buckhunter. This question sounds a little suspicious.

Comment

Suspicious meaning Ms. Parret may sell her hubby's beloved rifle? It's only worth $100.oo hon. if that. I'm going to rehide the keys to my safe.

Comment

I had a M94 in .356Win that cut 1" groups at 100yds with factory ammo. Even 2.5" is more than accurate enough for deer at M94 ranges, and that's what my .32WS groups. My favorite woods gun actually grouped 4.5".

Tried the new Hornady LEVERevolution ammo, yet? Some of the FTX bullets are now available for reloading.

Comment

Your husband's rifle was manufactured in 1979 and, assuming it's in very good to excellent condition, the kolbster is correct. It is too soon to determine whether there is any premium on Model 94s that were manufactured before Winchester ceased production in New Haven.

Comment

Depends on the condition, $300 to 500 range tops.

Comment

Have you called Winchester? They can at least help you out with when it was made.

Comment

2.5" pateern is still an ethical shot. Who the heck cares if the gun is MOA when your skinning the beast. i lioke an accurate firearm as well as the next guy, and strive with reloads and optic systems to ensure my shots are as ethically placed as possible. But am I going to tell someone their gun is worth less becuase it will only print 3 inch goups at 100 yards, not me. If the gun fits, and prints inside a 6 inch area at the range you shoot at game, then it works abd and dead is dead, and the critter is no worse or better off than if it shot with a rifle that prints 1/2" groups. paper or real live targets, that is how the beauty is determined in each area of the sport.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad