Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yo my dad thinks that i should get a rifle for next season mith the money i have saved up. I have up to 300$ What is a good gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 300 dollars you are about limited to a used gun. Marlin 336 or remington 700 if you're lucky. save some more money for 4-500 you can buy an much better rifle that you can keep the rest of your days. A Remington/Winchester/Browning in 30-06 or 308 will serve you well.

Comment

It really depends on the kind of game that you are hunting. With $300, you are going to be looking at a used gun. Just make sure you get a caliber that is well suited for the game you are going to be hunting. Also, make sure, the people/dealer you buy it from is trust-worthy. Also, inspect the barrel of the used gun and everything else for that matter to make sure it is in good working condition.

Comment

get a used remington

Comment

The new marlin Xl7 or XR7 are both good choices they are the same gun and same price around 330 dollars with tax at cabelas they come in 243 25-06 270 308 and 30-06 i have one in 30-06 the bolt slides smooth it is light wieght it comes with swivel studs and the best recoil pad ive ever seen. it has an exellent trigger it is a wonderful gun and i love the blind 4+1 magazine this is the gun you should get. Pretty tight budget though (like me)

Comment

sadfsadfasd

Comment

asdsasdfdsad

Comment

asadfsadf

Comment

wertr

Comment

hhfghdfdd

Comment

gjhfhjh

Comment

sorry about that my brother got to it

Comment

remington 700 30-06

Comment

.30-06 is the most available. If you take your time looking you will find a good quality (taken care of) used bolt action. Remington, Savage, Marlin, Ruger. These are all good, some better than others. But once you have it you can spend some time later tricking it out to make it great if you want. Floating barrel, glassing stock, trigger job, whatever.

Comment

Bass Pro and Gander Mountain have been selling New Remington 700 ADL's 30-06 for $319.00!!!

Comment

You can't go wrong with most of these statements.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad