Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had a historic combat rifle that was in good shape except for its bluing (poorly applied in the first place as the Reich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad put a Williams FP on his yugo Mauser chambered in 308.

Comment

I wouldn't reblue unless absolutely necessary. I've got an old Winchester 1887 Lever Action Shotgun, Under the wood is a nice and dark (almost black) bluing. The rest of the gun has become a beautiful brown patina color, from so many years of use. I use that same gun everyday, and had offers of up to $1500 for it, because it's been well taken care of and the action is tight. But I'm not selling it, as it was passd down to me from my father, who received it from my grandfather, who received it from my great grandfather who bought it from Winchester in New Haven CT back in 1893. So the historical value to me is priceless.

Comment

A reich gun huh? I imagine that your kraut banger is a Kar98? Regardless of model, historic firearms are always worth more when things are original. While it may not look as good as a nice slick new bluing job, the old bluing is more valuable.

Comment

Leave it alone!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad