Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what model of rifle do you hunt with.

what model of rifle do you hunt with.

A CVA Kodiak Pro 209 Magnum .45 muzzleloader.

Comment

Remington 700 bdl in 7 mag.

Comment

A Traditions Pursuit Pro 50 cal muzzleloader and a Browning X-bolt in .270.

Comment

.308 Winchester made by Savage Firearms

Comment

Savage 12 in .22-250, varmints are the only thing you can hunt with a centerfire rifle in Ohio.

Comment

Ruger Hawkeye in .308 and Remington model 700 LSS in .257 Weatherby Mag.

Comment

Game MDL 700 in 338 win mag. Gives me all the help I need taking any game. Birds WIN SX2 12 gauge I will EAT ANY LENGTH BULLET!!! Light recoil and shoots like a house a fire.

Comment

In Ohio my TC Omega or my Mossberg 500 sluggun for deer and my modle 70 in .243 for varmint.
                  Out of state I use either my Ruger hawkeye in 7mm rem. mag or my Marlin 30-30.

Comment

remington 788 in .243 and a H&R in 30-30

Comment

For big game 7mm Weatheby down right deadly with 175 noslers for hardcore waterfowl winchester Sx2 cant beat it when my buddies Berettas and Benellies are broken down and cussin Im still killin

Comment

Marlin XL-7 30.06, F & S listed it as in the top 10 list for accurate rifles

Comment

All those mentioned are good choices. I seem to rely on a .30-30 for the woods to the east and a .250-3000 for the more open areas to the south. The .22-250 and the .223 accompany me on varmint forays.

Comment

One old favorite which is a Ruger M77 MKII left hand in 30/06 and a new favorite, a gift from a dear friend, a Montana 1999 left hand action and Montana Barrel in an Accurate Innovations Claro walnut stock, caliber 6.5 X 55. She's a real sweetheart!

Comment

Ruger M77 MKII .270 Winchester - taken over 20 deer and 2 elk, 1 pronghorn. Remington 700 BDL SPS Varminter .223 for coyotes and prairie dogs.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad